Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Getting Started & Troubleshooting

New at 3D printing - A5S - a few beginner questions

Good morning everyone (8 am in Germany),

after I fought my way through the scarce engrish manual of the printer and the video guide that omits some steps completely I figured out how to level, adjust the Z axis and so on. A few questions remain:

1. The printer said it comes with a "resume feature". So I naively thought I could flip the switch while printing a test model and come back later to resume just to see it starts clean without offering me a resume option. Did I do something wrong or is there a time limit?

2. If the nozzle can get to 250°C there should theoretically be more materials the printer can use, right? I am interested in PP for instance. Would that work?

3. Are there some crucial things I should keep in mind so I don't harm this particular printer?

Thanks to everyone in advance!

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited December 2018
    Firstly, welcome! :smiley:

1. Yes, it is supposed to work.... except when the bed cools down the part will pop off the bed... so it is not so useful :neutral: If it doesn't work for you first time, try the latest A5S firmware (https://jgaurorawiki.com/a5s#a5s-a1-firmware)

2. 250C is the max limit you should consider printing at on the A5, because of the PTFE bowden tube and liner. Even at 250C you need to be careful with good ventilation because of the fumes from overheated PTFE.

3. Common tips:
    • https://jgaurorawiki.com/a5/bed-adhesion
    • Try to avoid scraping the nozzle on the bed
    • Be careful when printing PETG  as it can pull off the bed coating if the part is large and sticks too firmly! Can be good to use hairspray or blue painter tape as a "sacrificial coating" when printing large PETG parts.
    • Check that none of the cables will snag or get caught as things move around.
    • Good luck, have fun :smile: - of course there will always be some problems now and then, but most things can be solved without too much difficulty or expense.

Post edited by Samuel Pinches on