Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Modifications & Upgrades

Problem with i Box

jirgeljirgel Posts: 30Member
edited December 2018 in Modifications & Upgrades
This is a Warning i would Upgrade my A5 with Ibox Produkts dont to this! The Steppermotor goes in the worng way. He push die filament out not in and the sensor doesnt work!!

Now any body out there witch wires i must chance for the steppermotor ?

And i need help please for the infrared sensor
Post edited by Samuel Pinches on

Comments

• ProkktorProkktor Posts: 146🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited December 2018
    If thats all thats wrong you should probably change the topic^^

You can either switch the wires of one coil of the motor, if it has 4 just switch 1 with 2, 3 with 4, or plug it in upside down, all will lead to the same result.

Since the biggest and most important upgrade is the community firmware, you can simply reverse the E0 Stepper Driver direction before uploading the new firmware and leave the cables as they are.

You will probably have to do that anyways, because the steps/mm of the original extruder is 100 and you now probably have a titan, wich should have 450(?) steps/mm you will need to also change that in your firmware.

Check this Video for Auto Bed Leveling:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-TwWfUzXpc
    Post edited by Prokktor on
  • jirgeljirgel Posts: 30Member
    There is a brocken Pin in the clip god damit why allways by .......
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    You purchased from inventBox - have you asked them for help? Please don't bad mouth companies without contacting them first.

I think you have not understood the installation process completely. There are two parts - hardware installation, and then firmware installation. inventBox provides a firmware you must install, which will provide both IR functionality and correct motor direction. They have made it as easy as possible for A5 users! :smiley:
  • Charly3Charly3 Posts: 35🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Got the JG Titan MKII Kit on two JG A5 running fine meanwhile. There where minor issues like broken fan holders but Mr. Dolp always reacted promptly by sending out some spare parts. Too for the infrared sensor holder I´ve got newer top covers and nuts of stainless steel  that allow a wider setup range and don´t wear out like the first aluminium ones did. So talking to Mr. Dolp does help a lot.

After all I had to do some additional changes to get out the best of the kit:

On the Printer with glued glass plate infrarot sensor did run fine from scratch. On the Printer with clamped glass I had to paint the aluminum surface of the heater bed black to prevent misreadings caused by reflections through the glass plate that took place every now and then.

The pressure lever on both titan extruders became worn out rather quick while sitting on the motor axis with no ball bearing etc. I´ve designed a new one that´s positioned by the motor axis too, but guided by all available housing areas in addition. This makes it a really powerfull and dependable extruder  that allows me to handle 5 to 7 day prints without any disruption. In combination with some other modifications (i.e. 2208 stepper drivers) 150 mm for inner walls, support and infill and 60 mm for outer walls even with 0,6 nozzles are no problem for this extruder.

Another little bit tricky was the retraction handling. With original throttle I first had some clogging issues on retraction distances of 45 mm and more. A fully drilled open throttle that allows the tube to run directly from the extruder pressure roller to the top of the nozzle without any interruption did solve this problem - and beside my own explorations in this I found that Mr. Dolp does sell those opened throttles too ;-) So this modification causes an even smoother filament flow. There is only a minor issue in this solution - swapping nozzles often requires to swap that 10 cm long tube too every now and then too. 10 to 15 nozzle swaps and the tube doesn´t seal tight enough any more. It´s interchangeable without demounting the extruder.

In retrospect - even with those minor issues -  I´d buy that kit again for it comes with fine balanced firmware updates for original and for alternative stepper drivers and a fine implementation of the auto bed leveling that saved me a lot of time to get it running.

Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
  • sasasasa Posts: 36🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited February 2019
    Got mine Inventbox MKII kit set up and running yesterday. There was some confusion with firmware: I have steppers replaced on X and Y but never finished second part of upgrade therefore  TMC2130 version of firmware would not work, blocking the printer, but standard version witch changed directions works OK.
    Got the free silicon sock in the mail from Inventbox, fits well and works fine.
    Fans in upgrade kit are much louder than original, that may be a problem if you are printing in living room.
    Post edited by sasa on
  • Nathan MatsonNathan Matson Posts: 1Member
    Is there a copy of this firmware that I can get somewhere with the changes already made? I haven't changed my steppers though.
    yes, on their site in downloads there are several versions

You probably will need this one

A5 - JG Titan MKII "Kit" - 2.1.5

This has all the changes and will work. Just disconnect front panel before upgrade !!!!! otherwise it will mess with upgrade, brick your board and you will need to restore bootloader (not a complex task but requires dissasembly and Arduino Uno board with cables)

Also if you do not have silicon sock for heating block you will not be able to print (probably) since the upgraded fan is cooling sensor VERY fast and temperature readings are off.

Aaaaargh.
    The kit is fine when it is working but temperature sensor replacement and almost every other maintenance on hotend requires full disassembly. I can do it in 30 minutes now (practice, see and good set of tools) but design quirks are still irritating - absolutely no margin for user error, because who will do something different from manual ;) ?.  It looks neat, works fine but serviceability is poor. For example it uses 4 sizes of screws, two types of screw heads, one screw which can be only tightened with super long thin Allen key (it is included with the upgrade, do not loose it).
    Removed mine except for infrared sensor.
    Reason: recently replaced hotend block with safer model, do not have silicon sock for it yet. Fan is extremely powerful and without silicon sock hotend temp drops 10-15 degrees even after PID calibration.   So constant thermal runaways, hotend cleaning (with disassembly of fan duct and fan block). Setting fan speed limits in Cura helps a bit but still results are awful.

Will try again when silicon sock for heating block arrive.

• Der_MuckDer_Muck Posts: 265🌟 Super Member 🌟
    I wonder who needs such strong cooling. I have a rotation fan and I never ever turn it higher than 80%
    and only at PLA and TPU    With PETG I have 60% and the other filaments ned no fan.

I found out that the silicon sock is isolating but also builds a huge heating block and add size. For my mealheart 3000 fanduct the silicone is in the way of the cooling air so I test some prints with it and without it. But I think I will not use it any more.
    Try a copper hot end with a powefull heat element than you dont have any problems.
    Well, I finally got a whole box of spares for A5 (and Creality 10S pro to do the printing while I am tinkering :) ).
    New stepper drivers, new hotend, new 24V fan for mainboard cooling. And Inventbox upgrade, of course.
  • ChAoSChAoS Posts: 2Member
    Is Inventbox still in business? I paid for a Mk2 Upgrade and have emailed several times with no response and havent received anything?

@ChAoS - as far as I know they are, I will contact them and ask them to reach out to you. It might be shipped, but there are many delays with post world wide. Post to my country from germany is blocked at the moment, there's many possible reasons. But you should get a reply soon.....
    edited July 2020
    @ChAoS Apparently you will have received two emails this week, perhaps check the spam filter? Your tracking number should be in the email too. Did you receive anything in email?
    Thanked by 1ChAoS
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • ChAoSChAoS Posts: 2Member
    edited March 2021
    I got the package shortly after, everything is installed and working well. Thank you
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
    Post edited by ChAoS on