Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Problem with driver for update jgaurora mac

Hi everyone,
I received the jgaurora a5s from a few days, today I'm going to update by following the guide on this site.
I have a Mac with Macos mojave. I installed the drivers (not the paid ones), restarted and now the Mac does not turn on anymore. It lights up, the logo appears and the bar below, the bar fills up and stays there. What can I do?

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Hello @edoardo11, welcome to the forum.

I've seen someone else have this problem, and we managed to fix it too. You need to:

1. boot into single user mode:
    Start or restart your Mac. As soon as you hear the startup tone, press and hold Command-S on the keyboard. Keep holding down those keys until you see a black screen with white lettering. This is called “booting into Single User Mode.” As soon as you see the black screen with white lettering, you can release the keys.

2. remove the kernel extension that was installed by that driver, e.g. type:
    cd /Library/Extensions/ 
    ls
    sudo rm -i name_of_kernel_extension.kext

3. rebuild the kernel extension cache, e.g. type:
    sudo kextcache -i /

3. restart

4. mac should be working again

You could also try booting in safe mode - hold down the shift key during boot. That may allow you to get into the system and remove the dodgy driver.

Let me know if you get stuck. I recommend the paid drivers in future, which I know sucks, but its better than dealing with this rubbish.