Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

A5 and A5S in fire

look out people !!!! the a5 and a5s can fly in the fire happen several times but jgaurora does nothing about it !!!
a fire broke out at my home the fire brigade did an investigation and came to the printer a5 they searched it and showed no approved food. the fire brigade in the Netherlands has already received several reports of this. there were also a5s between them

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited December 2018
    Can you please give more details? Did you confirm what caused the fire? Do you have any more details from the fire brigade, or could you ask them for copies of the reports? The A5 is better than some other printers because it has thermal runaway safety shutdown. What do you mean by "approved food"? That may be a translation error.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • friemensfriemens Posts: 3Member
    approved food is the powersupply.I have sent all documents to jgaurora and have received them all. but they do not want to do anything for me. Because of the fire I have had to make a lot of costs together 2500 euros which is not reimbursed. I have bought several devices at jgaurora total 7 devices. but they offer no service at all and promise things and do not come after them.
    I'm sorry, it sounds like a horrible situation. :(

Is there evidence that the A5 And A5S caused the fire? Could you please post a photo of the printers now?
  • Der_MuckDer_Muck Posts: 265🌟 Super Member 🌟
    As I know there first JGs where mount with a chinese power power supply the newer once are equiped with a MW power supply. Maybe it was one of them?
    We need to get more information about the problem. The MW power supply is industrial standard, it should be build to work under the printers conditions.

I definitely recommend to add a head sink on the Y and E stepper motor. Y would be better to add active cooling.
    A fan for the bord would be also not bad and to isolate the hot bed with 3mm cork to prevent heating the lower parts.
    Than the printer would have a higher thermal stability.

I found only one video about smoking cables on a "new" JG A5. I think there was something wrong wired at the assambly.

In the end I can say that JG has changed every issue with the printer (earthing the case, MW power supply, Isolating the USB ports, better hot bed, wire management...) 

Even if the wiring caught fire (the wiring has flame retardants, so I don’t think this is possible) the rest of the printer is metal, there is nothing else really that is flammable ?
    Yes you are right, normaly its smoking the hell out of it but not getting burned out.
    The MW power supply is save from burning out, it would shut down when its getting overheated.
    edited December 2018
    My A5 from december 2017 had a Meanwell power supply, my understanding was they moved to a cheaper power supply in the A5 around the middle of this year.

In the A5S they were claiming a high-quality power supply but they did not specify the manufacturer.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    My JG A5 is from October 18 and it has a MW power supply in it.
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
  • friemensfriemens Posts: 3Member

Thats a very bad video because he didnt search what cause the problem seriously. 
    Was it simply a bad cable, wrongly mount cable or defect isolation?
    His printer was only smoking, the cables in this situation normaly cant cause a fire, they only smoke badly and melt away. But the word fire produce more clicks, I know.
    Why didnt he followed the cables and replaced them to see where the problem is. Thats no help to make a video and dont tell the problem. Same as the video with the electro shock, just bullshit.

Maybe it was a short circuit on the heat bed or on a extruder motor, that can happen. 
    I can only see that this guy has the metal clamps of the heat bed on the wrong position, dont know why he did that but that can for sure cause an short circuit alone!
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
  • AONAON Posts: 19Member
    I rec'd my A5 mid December 2018
    Had a number of issues but the worst was when it started smoking.
    DIssassembled the cable harness to the extruder and the wiring was melting about 6 inches from the extruder which melted the filament and locked it in the tube.
    They wanted to talk me through a repair but I simply told them I was uncomfortable with this idea and preferred a replacement... which they complied without hesitation and very quickly.
    All responses were quick, curtious and to my satisfaction.

A brand new machine that was tested should not do this.

Playing with the new machine now... it just died mid print.
    No idea why.
    Started over.
    What cause the problem? Was it a  short circuit on the heater cartridge?
    Its easy on every printer to get there a problem because on the heater cartridge the cables are very near to each other. Dismount after testing, shipping and assembling the printer can cause a problem there. I saw a lot of burned wires on other 3D printer because that problem.     Its important that the wires are not under tension there and dont get in contact between wire to wire or wire and heat block. 

The best is to add the mosfets for heat bed and heater cartridge to save the mainboard from shocks and high voltages.