Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Cura settings

Hey all! i have recently purchased the A1 printer, it is amazing, but i have some print quality problems. Does anyone have some good cura settings? If so please let me know I am open to suggestions.

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited January 2019
    Welcome Nathan! Can you post a photo of your print? That would help us to see what might need changing. The default cura settings worked reasonably well for me, so there might be something else going on. Perhaps download the new Cura 4.0 beta, I've added the A1 to the supported built in printer list in that version.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    P.S I've moved this to the A5S and A1 forum section
  • Nathan LopataNathan Lopata Posts: 6Active Member
    I was able to change my extruder temperature and my prints are much nicer. I am not able to figure out some good retraction settings though. Some prints have a good amount of stringing. 
    That's good to hear! :smile: If you look on thingiverse there are test files for stringing and for tuning your retraction. Maybe start there.
  • Nathan LopataNathan Lopata Posts: 6Active Member
    Awesome thank you! Do you use Hatchbox pla? I have purchased some but can not get my settings right with it. Esun lays beautifully compared to Hatchbox. Do you have any good temperatures for it? I was going to try to print a a heat gauge.