Homeโ€บ JGAurora A5 & A3Sโ€บ Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Bed level knob popped off

beatabeata Posts: 9Active Member
One of the corner knobs came off at the start of print and crashed the bed into the print head. I think it's cosmetic damage, but yeah. There was maybe one turn of thread engaged. Had been printing fine up until then. What could have caused it?

I'm adjusting the Z end stop. Very securely fastened down but the bolts are a pain to get to. I don't expect that could have shifted on its own.

Following a local tip, re-leveled the bed and checked the screws with a calipers. The troublesome corner measures approx 2mm longer than the others. Problem found, if not fully understood. End stop adjusted appox 3mm lower, accompanied by much grumbling and many Z home-end cycles. Mesh can wait until morning.

Post edited by beata on

Comments

• rhaub101rhaub101 Posts: 89๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
    I replaced the screws with slightly longer ones and installed new nuts into a better knob I printed from Thingiverse. Works SO much better and new knobs are much easier to turn.
  • Der_MuckDer_Muck Posts: 265๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
    The original knobs are slitly to large (about 0.2 in diameter) So I bought steel knobs and they now fit perfekt.ย  ย 
  • ProkktorProkktor Posts: 146๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
    I removed the Knobs and use 8 simple M3 Nuts since then. Auto Bed Leveling does the rest...
  • Der_MuckDer_Muck Posts: 265๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
    @Prokktor I still use the knobs because I wanna set the auto regulation to a minimum but I add a little glue so they are harder to turn but its still passible.