Homeโ€บ JGAurora A5 & A3Sโ€บ Modifications & Upgrades

Instructions for mounting better bearings JGaurora 5

ufodoctor3ufodoctor3 Posts: 60๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
Hello Team
I got the better bearings from AliExpress for the x and y axis and now I would like to install these nice parts!
Before ruining my printer by wrong manipulations, I am kindly asking the Forum if you know a good tutorial for this difficult job?
I think that I have to remove many parts and disconnect some glued connectors!
Thank you for your competent advice.
Peter

Comments

• michalko99michalko99 Posts: 153Member, ๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
    edited February 2019
    Hello. This is my first add on on this forum. Yesterday I replaced bearings on my A5 Z and X axes. It was really straightforward from beginning.ย 

First I had to move Z up to be able to unscrew both motors and upper white plastic holders for rods. Unscrew couplers from both motors, disconnect motors. Manually unscrew screw rods-really messy work from lubricant, but who cares...

My printer has also X axis drag chain installed, So I had to unscrew also this one and I have 5015 blower installed from Thinggiverse CarstenD (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2977464) which is really improvement. Here you can see it on my printer(https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3406342)

After that, you have accessible Z axis bearings(mine started losing balls after removing smooth rods), so it was on time to exchange them. For that you must unscrew 4 screws on each side to remove thread nut. Put something into gap which is pressing Z bearing and remove it. Place new one and repeat for second side. Reassemble thread nuts for lead screws...

Now its time for X axis. Mine was rattling like hell, when moving over printed object...

Unscrew front placte with funny 3D printer text. Unscrew 2 screws holding heater block together. Now you will see LM8LUU on top and LM8UU on bottom smooth rod. To get them, you need to unscrew 2 screws holding X motor on left side. After disassembled, you can remove X axis block by gently movements, so both smooth rods of X axis will get free. Remove both bearings and replace securing washers on longer one(immediately throw them away, so you cannot find them anymore).ย 
    Place new bearings on place(already pre-greased) and start assembly in opposite way.

I used LM8LUU and LM8UU from MISUMI-not shitty quality from Ali. LM8LUU is ball-less type(like Igus) and LM8UU is with balls branded as QZAK Seiko co.ltd.

Whole this process took for me about one hour. By vernier caliper I aligned left and right side to be in came height, retightened all screws and heated all. After mesh bed leveling I tested it..

It runs quietly and smoothly. Together with TMC2208 it is great...

Go on this change if you have problems with noises..Sorry I do not have any photos...]

LM10UU for Y axis are already on the way from Misumi, so I will also replace these. Previously I had AnetA8 which I reworked to AM8 version. At beginning A8 was way more better in printing quality and speed, but now it has turned on A5 side...
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
    Post edited by michalko99 on
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    welcome @michalko99 - and thanks for sharing your experience, glad it was worth it! :smiley:
    Thanked by 1ufodoctor3
    Thank you. I found a lot of useful info on this forum..I also have community firmware in printer, so all useful things are present..Last change was reflashing MKS board again with changed value for mesh to 6(36 point leveling). Very good printer after long tuning..

Michal
    bearings are here....Unfortunately my printer is running whole week now, so exchange is delayed..Tomorrow I am expecting arrival of Prima Creator P120 for smaller jobs...

ordered from here>ย 

https://uk.misumi-ec.com/vona2/detail/221000091803/?HissuCode=LM10UU

Michal