Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Getting Started & Troubleshooting

JGaurora A5S firmware problems

D_Hansen81D_Hansen81 Posts: 1Member
Hello People 
I have a 3d printer I bought from overseas I was hoping someone could possibly help.
I have a JGaurora A5S and since I got it I have had problems first it had a faulty power supply whitch got replaced and then it stoped and rebooted half way between my first print and every time I tried to do anything after that it come up on the screen
->Fat mount Ok
->DownLoad FW fail
->Enter FW...
and it would reboot everytime so I tried to install the firmware I downloaded online and and now It just blinks in red on the screen
->Fat mount fail
->Please download a FW first!
Have tried downloading other firmware and installing it but the same thing just keeps happening. Can anyone help me with how to fix this problem.
Whold much appreciate it if someone could help me with this issue thank you.
Post edited by D_Hansen81 on

Comments

• jelot_itjelot_it Posts: 25Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟
    I have other problems with the a5s, but the firmware update worked smoothly.
    I used the firmware you can find on this page https://jgaurorawiki.com/a5s (Latest A5S firmware)

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Hey Dan,

I'd suggest checking you bed clips - I'm wondering if they could be cutting into the heater element on the underside of the bed? Could you check this and report back?

I'm suggesting this after seeing someone with a slightly similar problem, and wondering if this could also be the issue in your case.

Cheers,
    Sam
  • wumpscutwumpscut Posts: 2Member
    Use a different SD card and try again.  that worked for me.
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
  • BigtriverBigtriver Posts: 9Member
    edited July 2019
    Solved: for reasons that pass understanding AS5 ships with an SD Card that fails when you try to update even if you format it again and again. 

I had a Lexar card laying around and when I formatted it it installed immediately!

So by a lexar SD card, format it as fat32, copy the .bin on it, insert the card in the A5S and turn the A5S on and it will flash the firmware without problems.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    @Bigtriver Yep, just as @wumpscut stated :wink: