Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Heater Bed Cable 4 Pin Connector

Hi, 

My 4 pin connector on the heater bed cracked after a short, does anyone know where I could by a cheap replacement for the just the nylon connector piece for my A5?

I know they sell the cable on Aliexpress but its $13 and a month for shipping.

Thanks!
Negima

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Welcome @Negima
    The 4 pin connector is unsafe, the bed current is too high for this connector and it is a fire hazard. I recommend contacting JGAurora for a new 6-pin heater bed and 6-pin heater bed cable replacement under warranty.

The connector type is JST, and this connector is a 4 pin version from the JST-VH (3.96mm pin spacing) family.
  • NegimaNegima Posts: 2Member
    Thank you, after reaching out to JG they said that my printer is older than 6 month so the will not replace the bed. In the end I'm not sure I want to shell out 70 bucks on a printer that so far has been a frustrating experience...
  • michalko99michalko99 Posts: 153Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Hello... Solder cables directly to bed connector. Look at my post how did it looked like on my printer. This improvement took about 10 minutes. Nothing needs to be disassembled. Just pry cables out, blank a bit, put some LEADED solder on them, put heatshrink tubes on and then solder to hotbed pins. After cooled down, insulate pins by moving heatshrink tubes up and heat them to shrink. No more fire hazard...At least from hottbed connector
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited February 2019
    A number of people have soldered their bed cables and have had no problems since, so I agree it is a good alternative option.

Post edited by Samuel Pinches on