Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Modifications & Upgrades

Custom Community Firmware for A5S & A1

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Hopefully it helps! Fingers crossed.
  • e47e47 Posts: 2Member
    komme mit den Einstellungen Jerk und Acceleration nicht zurecht. kann mir mal jemand einen Tipp geben. Habe Custom FW Marlin 2.0 geflasht.
    edited June 2019
    Welcome @e47
    Normally, you can set things like acceleration using gcode commands. E.g:
    •  M201 - Set Print Max Acceleration 
    •  M203 - Set Max Feedrate
    Then, these settings can be saved, using M500.
    You can also do this for jerk. However, on this 2.0 firmware, we are not using jerk, we are using junction deviation.
    This means, you need to use the M205 command for setting junction deviation.
    Thanked by 1e47
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • e47e47 Posts: 2Member
    Danke für die schnelle Hilfe. Habe es so gemacht. Funktioniert einwandfrei. Dank an den Entwickler der FW
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
    Vielen Dank. Ich bin sehr froh, dass es für Sie richtig funktioniert. :)
  • SparkSpark Posts: 49🌟 Super Member 🌟
    So I loaded the new firmware.  Is anyone having the filament loading and unloading way too short.  Mine does it for 1/4 of the actual length. 
    I didn't think that feature was enabled... how are you triggering a filament change? M600?
    Regardless, I'm just waiting for someone to get back to me with the correct extrusion lengths for a filament change and I'll both correct the extrusion length, and will add a menu option as well.
  • smcculliesmccullie Posts: 8Member
    Thanks for all the work ppl !! I was going to sell my A1 till i seen this 
    My menu has the option for filament loading.  changing.  
    Samuel - How do I get you the settings you need?  Do you want me to measure the Bowen tube? Is there an electronic way to do it? 
    Spark - I think you have the previous beta... I will check.
  • WhatFPVWhatFPV Posts: 7Member
    Hello! 
    My Printer stops in the middle of my prints (not all the Time!)....and sometimes (3 Times so far) it is restarting after printing for around 30-60min...
    Has anybody else the same issues?
    Sorry,English is not my native Language...
    Oh!.......and thanks for the great work on the Firmware!!!! :)
    edited June 2019
    Welcome @WhatFPV - sorry, I have not heard this happening before! If you reprint the same file, does it happen in the same place?
    I haven´t had the time to print the File again-I will try as soon as possible.
    -What i also figured out is that my Printer won´t save the Mesh Bed Leveling.I have to Level the Bed every time i turn my Printer off.
    After i Level the Bed i Push the "Configuration save" Button and it shows up on the Screen that everything is saved.
    Have you enabled mesh bed levelling in your start gcode? (M420 S1)
    This is my Start Code:

; -- START GCODE --

G21 ;set units to millimetres

G90 ;set to absolute positioning

M106 S0 ;set fan speed to zero (turned off)

G28 ;home all axis

M420 S1 ;mesh bed leveing

G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length

G1 Z1 F1000 ;move up slightly

G1 X60.0 Z0 E9.0 F1000.0;intro line

G1 X100.0 E21.5 F1000.0 ;continue line

G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length again

So,i think it should work,right?

edited June 2019
    When you turn on the printer does it display eeprom.bin at the bottom after starting? I am wondering if it is failing to load the save settings from the SD card after power on. Start gcode looks good.
    This is my start screen
    edited June 2019
    Then this one is next.after that is shows the Info Screen which says settings loaded(sd).
    Post edited by WhatFPV on
    Ok, so the settings are loading correctly ... hmmm... I'll need to investigate this more on the weekend.
  • umberto1981umberto1981 Posts: 3Member
    edited June 2019
    Buongiorno a tutti, ho appena caricato l'ultimo firmware e ho subito un problema.
    Alle volte si dirige fino a fine corsa mentre stampa estrudendo in aria, mi è successo da subito sull'asse X, su quella Y e anche sullo stepper dell'estrusore (ho trovato il filo duro come se fosse fatto una lunga retrazione).
    Appena caricato un video.
    Ps. ho ricaricato il firmware pensando fosse corrotto, ho sostituito la SD pensando fosse "danneggiata"....il problema persiste su questo firmware.
    Grazie mille per l'attenzione
    Post edited by umberto1981 on
    So,after a few prints i figured out that my printer often stops in the prints like he is thinking for 1-2 seconds and than keeps going. I also noticed that in the middle of a print-like every 5-6th print, the printer is restarting.
    -i was wondering if this is only happening to me (the Printer is connected to my Laptop via USB)?
    I already Changed the USB Cable-the next few prints i will start from my SD Card to see if it is my Laptop.
    edited June 2019
    @umberto1981 - welcome@ I'm sorry, I can't see the video? Can you please upload your gcode file too? Have you tried printing from PC vs SD? Are you using the latest custom firmware or the latest factory firmware?
    @Samuel Pinches - grazie per la risposta, ho installato la versione Marlin 2.0 e l'ho fatto con la vecchia SD con all'interno i dati eeprom della vecchia versione.
    Ho azzerato la SD e effettuato Restore-FileSafe e tutto funziona correttamente adesso.
    Ho ancora problemi relativi allo Zero che sembra impreciso e ad ogni stampa devo intervenire con  Z-Babystep ma questo dipende dallo swith che è impreciso.
    Ho ordinato un sensore IR per risolvere questo problema e attivare l'auto bed leveling.
    Appena arriva proverò ad attivare tale funzione dal firmware (speriamo bene).
    Grazie di tutto 
    @umberto1981 We can try to slow down the homing process and see if it improves the first layer accuracy?

@samuel Pinches può essere una buona idea rallentare l'homing. Vorrei però provare con un sensore infrarossi appena arriva.
    Edit. C'è qualcosa che non và bene, durante la stampa ha fatto il difetto anche adesso con l'asse Y una volta sola, mentre stampava ha stampato un filo nel vuoto fino a fine corsa ed è tornato indietro e ha ripreso a stampare sull'oggetto.
    E' difficile fare un video ma cercherò di farlo

• ignaciofrutosignaciofrutos Posts: 2Member

Hello, I have updated the JGAURORA A5S printer from the SD without problem. But I would like to put a titan extruder that I have. But the problem is that I have to change the direction of the extrusion motor. I tried to compile the firmware but it gives me an error. I have followed the steps but I do not get it. You can generate a BIN file with the change "#define INVERT_E0_DIR false" So users can put a better extruder like a titan or BMG. I make the steps from the command line with pronterface. thank you
    I would strongly prefer to help you get a working build, as I am extremely constrained on spare time to create custom builds for every variation. Would you be able to tell me more about what was going wrong with your build? 
  • ignaciofrutosignaciofrutos Posts: 2Member

Hi, you are absolutely right. I also prefer to be able to compile the firmware and make the customized modifications. The mistake I have is this " Warning! `env_default` configuration option in section [platformio] is deprecated and will be removed in the next release! Please use `default_envs` instead
    Can not remove temporary directory `C:\Users\nacho\Desktop\IMPRESION3D\impresoras\JGAURORA A5S\Marlin2\.pioenvs`. Please remove it manually to avoid build issues
    Error: Invalid value: invalid choice: 1. (choose from off, chain, deep, chain+, deep+) for option `lib_ldf_mode` in section [env:JGAURORA_A5S_A1]"