Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Modifications & Upgrades

Custom Community Firmware for A5S & A1

12345679»

Comments

• tgv26tgv26 Posts: 3Member
    Hello, with the latest firmware, french verssion, i can't use EEprom, i have return with pronterface:
    >>>M500
    SENDING:M500
    echo:No EEPROM.

Il have a lot problem wtih extruder, it's a new printer, but i 'm not newbee in 3d printer, but it's very strange with the A5S.
    Thanks.

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited May 2021
    Welcome @tgv26 -- Are you using the official firmware? Or the custom community firmware? (firmware.jgmakerwiki.com)
    Thanked by 1tgv26
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • krataskratas Posts: 7Member

Hi, nothing is being saved to SD Card. I have tried all my SD cards. Community firmware 2.0H being used.

• krataskratas Posts: 7Member

How do I get the mesh bed leveling to work? It starts off the bed and rubs the middle of the bed and ends off of the bed. The motors are not turning even when the feature is turned ON. Operates the same way with the feature turned OFF.

@kratas

Regarding bed levelling, have you seen this page?
    https://jgmakerforum.com/discussion/896/how-to-use-mesh-bed-leveling-on-custom-firmware

The SD card is not written to in the latest firmware, except for power outage resume. This is mentioned in the firmware change log on firmware.jgmakerwiki.com.

Hello, @Samuel Pinche This was version 2.D, it seems to me. I put the latest community firmware back in and the M500 is functional.
    Problem the extruder gives jerkiness and I really have problems with under extrusion.
    It's amazing for a new machine to have so many worries.
    Thank you

@tgv26 Glad to hear the EEPROM issue is sorted.

I'm not sure what you mean by jerkiness? For under extrusion, what print speeds and temperatures were you set to? Can you please show a photo? Is the slicer set to 1.75mm?

Hello, i have 8 others printer, so i have some experience with 3d printing. So yes, my slicer is with 1.75mm; i made test with 40mm/s, and 100mm for deplacement. The Ptfe is very long, you don't replace original ptfe?
    I must upgrade something for better result?
    Thanks for all your support, that's very great!

@tgv26 -- ok, please feel free to start a separate thread regarding the print quality issues. I do recommend running the PTFE tube outside of the black corrugated tube, and shortening it a little. It's important that there are no kinks in the PTFE, it should be very low friction -- if it is damaged it should be replaced.