Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

screen not working

my jgaurora a5's screen has not worked ever since firmware update. I tired restoring previous firmware but still doesn't work. could somebody please help

Comments

• JASL3241JASL3241 Posts: 5Member
    then screen has 3 places to plug in the 8 pin plug when i plug it into the original location it does not turn on not even a beep. When i plug it into the other 2 one gives a blank screen and the other one works but it can't control the printer or display temperatures.
  • cs2000cs2000 Posts: 56🌟 Super Member 🌟
    The screen plugs with the ribbon cable into the bottom most port on the LCD PCB if that helps at all.Not sure why it wouldn't work from that port however, assuming the cable is installed the right way. Both power and serial data is sent over the same cable.
  • Der_MuckDer_Muck Posts: 265🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Why do you plug the wire in the wrong ports? The one next 90° is the SD port and the upper one is the WIFI port, you can distroy something more with that.
    Did you touch the board with someting?  You are sure that you connect the ribbon cable? 

You mean the firmware of the main bord right?  Is the printer working without the tft? (Laptop and PF)
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    PF = pronterface