Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Modifications & Upgrades

Ptfe tube? Which diameter

HevilpHevilp Posts: 136🌟 Super Member 🌟
If I want to change the filament tube, which is to buy? 

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Any tube with 4 mm outside diameter and 1.75mm inner diameter is fine
  • Thrall2004Thrall2004 Posts: 10Member
    edited June 2018
    does anybody know the exact thread of the quick connector (coupler) for the PTFE tube? on the page it is written M8, but it is not! /// found it --> It is a M8x1!
    Post edited by Thrall2004 on
  • HevilpHevilp Posts: 136🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Yep, it is in the wiki ;)
  • TefCapTefCap Posts: 1Member
    depending upon who manufactures the PTFE Tubing you have to be careful about what dimensions they are adding the +/- tolerances to. Most manufactures will tell you they are producing a 2 mm x 4 mm product and they are but the tolerances are on being placed on the ID and Wall not the ID and OD. A 2X4MM-PTFE product will have a 2 mm ID +/- .10 mm and a wall of 1.00 +/-.15 which if running on the low end could put you well shy of the true 4mm OD that you are looking for. PTFE Tubing can be produced with an ID and an OD tolerance but may require a special run.
  • ProkktorProkktor Posts: 146🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited January 2019
    Most people seem to recommend Capricorn XS tubing:
    (ok those most people are mostly youtubers  who may or may not get money for recommending anything...)
    https://www.captubes.com/index.html#products

I bought it myself and it did improve my print quality.
    Post edited by Prokktor on
  • Der_MuckDer_Muck Posts: 265🌟 Super Member 🌟
    I also have that Capricorn XS tube and its working fine. The most important is that the filament is not deformed because of an overhearing extruder motor. Otherwise its causing stuck filament. So its an improve but not a must have.