Homeโ€บ 3D Print Lounge

ABS Juice

SystemSystem Posts: 19Administrator
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hello to everyone.

Comments

• ufodoctor3ufodoctor3 Posts: 60๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
    AHello Forum
    ABS printing with โ€œslurryโ€
    Please look at:

https://www.matterhackers.com/news/how-to-make-abs-juice-glue-and-slurry

I checked this easy, low cost method for adhesion to a glass printer bed, gluing parts together and filling cracks.

Very good!

Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
    ABS Warp Reduction by added Pull-Down Clamps
    There are already dozens of advices how to reduce ABS warps, here my contribution with experimental data!
    Please look at the pdf attachment
    Best regards
    Peter

Dear Sam
    The warping problem is solved now with pull-down clamps, glued to the bed with ABS Juice.
    Now I construct a perfect โ€œwind shield coverโ€ over the JGaurora 5, tested carefully with an artificial near-by smoke generator.
    You will not never believe how cold air enters by tiny slits through the protective cover to the bed with ABS-samples!

Kind regards
    Peter

• Richy_TRichy_T Posts: 142๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
    How is the slurry with the black diamond bed? I am a bit wary of applying acetone to it.
    Dear Richy
    With painter tape attached to the black diamond bet, lubrificated with a "ABS Juice" thin layer I got always good results.ย 
    Perfect connection of the printed ABS object, easy to remove with later heating up to 80 Deg

Aceton is agressive, you should it not apply on other professional bed supports!

Not perfectly solved is the ABS warp problem. The best is a auxiliary ring around the objects, for controlled skrinking, see my next report aboutย  x-axis clamps for x-offset prevention

Kind reagards
    Peter
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Thanks for sharing your experience @Peter3 - and welcome :smile:
    edited June 2019

X-axis rods tuning by clamps preventing x-offset with less friction

Dear members

I observed many times an x-offset, with well cleaned and lubricated x-axis rods!

Finally my wife and I have observed that the x-rods are not parallel.

With two clamps, manufactured by ABS 3D-printing, this problem is solved now by tuning the x-rods parallel within 0.01 mm.

Please look at the attached report and the gcode-file

Kind regards

Peter

Post edited by Samuel Pinches on

And here the STL-file for the clamps

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Hi @Peter3 , I've just updated the forum software - please try uploading the file again. Thanks.

Dear Sam

Thank you for adding the GCode for the production of the x-axis clamps to my post!

Attached is now the STL file .

The original Fusion 360 document can be downloaded with the link: https://a360.co/2x29YYP

And here my more accurate results about the compression of rods at the left side:

1. Pressing the rods on the left side needs forces of about 25-30 N!

2. Experiment with the upper original JGaurora spare part axial ball bearing, loaded by (original 25 N vertical force, due to non-parallel x-axis) shows a horizontal axial friction of about 1.5 N with a lot of NOISE.

3. Without (or minor) vertical radial forces the horizontal axial friction is below 0.25N

I think that the original JGaurora axial bearing works fine if not overloaded (with its tiny balls) by excessive radial forces!

If the x-rods are well parallel adjusted to 35 +/-0.05 mm the x-axis works fine, no excessive lubrication required.

Best experimental greetings

ufodoctor3