Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Feeding filament issue inside heatblock

SparkSpark Posts: 49🌟 Super Member 🌟
Before I get mad enough to take this thing apart maybe someone has already done this..  Right now my issue is that has the filament goes from the big long Bowen tube into the heat block there is something inside there that is NOT lined up right.  I took the nozzle off and the Bowen tube out and stuck a piece of filament down and it hits 'something' and makes it hard to feed in.  Once you get it past this mystery item it is fine until you want to change filament or run out! To get it into whatever is in there I have to manually push it in and out and in and out till it goes in.. WOW that was a lot of in and outs...

Comments

• SparkSpark Posts: 49🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Is there a Bowen tube in the extruder throat tube? 
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Yes, inside the heatbreak there is a small length of ptfe that touches the nozzle.
    edited June 2019
    Is there a way to get it out.  Currently, the Heatbreak throat thing is stuck in.  I removed  the set screw but I can NOT unscrew the actual throat tube. 

Post edited by Spark on
    Gah.... that heat break is a real pain for so many people, its fragile since it is so thin that people tend to tear it. I wish I had some easy advice :disappointed:
    Can you post some photos of where you are at? Have you taken out everything from the top of the x carriage to inspect downwards?
    Am I wrong or are there two set screws? The bottom one and the top larger one?
    Can you grab me a picture of what your talking about? PLEASE
    Ok I took the entire thing apart one screw.  I then used two nuts to jam them against each other ( there is a technical term for doing this)  to try and get the throat tube out. The tube broke in one of the nuts before it came out of the heater block.  Here is a picture.
    I was just checking my machine... there is only one screw that I could see. I'm sorry, it sucks :neutral:
    edited June 2019
    I think the technical term is "two nut method" :lol:

I don't understand how they get it in so tight without it breaking then! :disappointed:
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    I think what they did is they put it in and then when they tightened the set screw they smashed one of the threads so it is stuck because it won't unscrew. 
  • FrezapFrezap Posts: 21Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟
    I had a similar experience getting the factory throat out of the heatsink. I needed pliers to do it. My heatsink and thread survived, hopefully yours does too!
    I got the FUCKER out!! It is broken.  It is now half the length - It has seen better days.  This is a picture of it without the Bowden tube.  See the HUGE burr!  

That's a win!....