Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

positioning the print start

Well I am getting there. I am using a new board and finally put on the original flash from 2017-1218. It all works with Cura, but I have to use the older version of that. I have unchecked the box for the 0 home for the table start and that has no effect. I suppose I could put small wings on the parts I make and move them further out. I just am not sure of what to do to get into the original code and change the placement of the part to the center of the table rather than on the x0 y0 start position. I tired to move my settings to the new cura but it will not see my machine. I am actually printint the part I needed quickly through the old cura and usb. Its been a learning experience. I tried to use pronface but it looks like a semester or two in school to learn how. I need the fix it for idiots with printers to get this thing to go to the center to work.

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    > I have unchecked the box for the 0 home for the table start and that has no effect.

Please try again. This box definitely does have an effect. If it isnt having an effect, uninstall Cura, format your SD card and start again from scratch - because it definitely does do something! You may be accidentally printing the old gcode files and not generating new ones.