Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Getting Started & Troubleshooting

A5S touch screen blank

Ok new issue with the A5S. When I turn it on the touch screen is white now. Doesn't say anything just a white screen. I thought it was a lose cable but everything is plug in correctly. It was working just fine and I finished a print and turned it off. about 4 hours later I went to use it again when this issue start happening. Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited July 2019
    No idea - try unplug it from power (usb and AC mains) and leave it for 5 minutes. Then plug in and try again. Next step would likely be to contact JGAurora support.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • rhythmdaverhythmdave Posts: 10Member
    I had the same thing on my A1.  I was using the community firmware.  I flashed the printer back to stock firmware and it worked.  So, I flashed back to community firmware and all ok.  Not sure if this is the real "fix" for this issue but it worked for me.  Also, I'm running a Raspberrry Pi 4B w/Octoprint and it's known that the Pi will keep the printer screen powered on even of you turn off the printer.  I noticed the white screen when I power cycled the printer with the Pi connected.  It may have had something to do with this.  Anyway, you could try reflashing the firmware...it's worth a shot...
  • John BuswellJohn Buswell Posts: 5Member
    I had a similar problem with a new A1. Powered it up and the display was just white. Turned out the ribbon cable going into the. LCD board is not secured and the connector is loose. The other ribbon cable on the same board is glued to the connector. I reseated the ribbon cable and it worked fine. 
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches