Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Stops printing mid print

Hi everyone, I need some help. I’m new to 3D printing, but have been successful in making my first few prints. Some supplied with the printer, some I’ve designed. My issue is whatever I try to print now starts but stops printing at some point ( mid- print) no errors on the screen. I’m using the same settings as the prints I was successful on.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited May 2018
    Hi @Mookie117, please try printing while connected to a computer running pronterface. If it happens again there will be an error message explaining what is wrong. https://jgaurorawiki.com/pronterface

Its unfortunate that error messages are not shown the LCD. That’s a limitation of the LCD.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • Mookie117Mookie117 Posts: 7Member
    More info below about my isssue, Thanks Samuel, I’ll try that later today.

I did notice others having similar issues. When it stopped, temp was correct, bed was correct too, fan 0%. I check fan speed in Curia & everything is ok, start up speed is 0, I changed that to 75%. No luck. I then changed the fan speed on the printer to 255 as well as extruder & bed temp to the same as in Cura. Printing a part now seems to be working. Is it proper to set the parameters for temps and fan speed on both the printer and in cura?

Stopped in middle of print again. 
    Samuel I’ll try what you suggested 
    edited May 2018
    The printer main motherboard runs on GCode - which is just a long long file with gcode instructions on what to do on each line. For example, there is a command available to turn on a fan to a specific speed - the slicer puts this instruction on one of the lines at the start of the print. When you use the front LCD to set the fan speed, the front LCD just sends this as a GCode command to the main motherboard,  just like any other normal command. 
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    No luck getting pronterface to work, can’t find serial port. One thing I forgot to mention was I am running the last east version of Cura not the supplied one. 
    Did you install the drivers for the CH340?
    Yes I did, I switched to my pc from my Mac . I was successful in downloading pronterface, I have it printing now through the printer cable. So if it fails I will be able to see what the error code is?
    Yep! Exactly. 
    Print finished no errors, tried a different print, pronterface won’t connect with printer. Error code 5, comes up as same default settings as previous print. Getting frustrated here lol thanks for your help Samuel.
    Try unplug replug printer - or use the paid Mac USB drivers
    Thanks Samuel will do. 
    Thanks Samuel for your help & patience . I believe I’ve found my issue. It’s the USB stick I was using. I was able to print with pronterface and different USB stick, no issues.
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
    That's good to hear. :-)