Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Anyone able to print with a pi/octoprint setup?

Hi all.  Was curious if anyone has successfully been able to print using a raspberry pi and octopi setup?  Have a pi3+ connected to the printer via the serial printer port.  I can control everything on the printer remotely except getting it to print.  It makes it a second into the print and then stalls.  Looks like poor/insufficient data transfer rate(why the A5s uses an outdated serial port is beyond me) causing it to stall.  Any recommendations on fixing the issue or am I stuck printing via an sd card?

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    A few things to check:
    - which slicer are you using? if you’re using Cura, the default A5S profile is setup to automatically turn on Mesh Bed Levelling. Normally this is fine, and the A5S will just continue normally even if it’s not setup. However, if no mesh is setup it logs this to the console as an error. In octopi there is an option to disconnect on errors... so you can guess what happens next! If you are not using mesh bed levelling, remove the “M420 S1” command from pronterface.
    If that’s not it, try printing via octopi, but upload the file to the SD card on the printer and try print from there.

also, try printing via pronterface, and see if the same problem occurs.
  • chainbreaker2012chainbreaker2012 Posts: 30Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Had this exact same issue using Cura 4.1 had to roll back to cura 4.0 that fixed my issue
    Cura 4.2 may fix that as there is a known bug in 4.1.
  • charnjitsainicharnjitsaini Posts: 2Member
    Yes, I am using Raspberry pi 4 (2gb) with Cura 4.2.1 & marlin custom firmware on a5s 2.0D & it is working fine.
    Excellent, thank you for the feedback @charnjitsaini ! :smiley: