Homeโ€บ JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2โ€บ Modifications & Upgrades

hotend replacement options or upgrades

chainbreaker2012chainbreaker2012 Posts: 30Member, ๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
looking to play around with the hot end and go with a v6 setup. what would I need to get to do that. I found the e3d v6 on amazon. Are the e3d v6 hotend all basically the same aside from the 12-24v? (yes I know I need 24v.) Also if i just decide to do the micro swiss what one do I need? I think I saw where we use the mk8 correct?

Comments

• ThingsNSchtuffThingsNSchtuff Posts: 23Member
    I am also starting to get curious about some higher temp upgrades. Please share what you find/decide/do so the rest of us can learn as well
  • chainbreaker2012chainbreaker2012 Posts: 30Member, ๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
    will do, I got a e3d v6 ordered along with a metal mounting plate. Debating on trying to go direct drive or keep the tube. most of it is on the slow boat atm so it will probably be first of the month before I get everything. hoping to get some info before then. I found the post a bit below mine but it doesnt really describe much. I will probably end up winging it mostly.
  • chainbreaker2012chainbreaker2012 Posts: 30Member, ๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
    I have a question for you I plan on using a slim nema17 motor for the direct drive extruder do I still need to look for a 24v one? not sure what the output from the board is for it. also can I extend the cable over from the stock extruder over to that? cant find anything about the type of motor to use so far
  • Thomas C RubleThomas C Ruble Posts: 2Member
    well my jgaurora is dead, had a storm here in Florida and a transformer just beside the house blew fried my printer, tv, and a few other items with the surge. Sold the remains of the printer to a friend but I do have the direct drive hotend I was about to setup for it if anyone is interested. has a nema 17 pancake stepper motor a 2trees extruder and 2 v6 hotends with a sock plus nozzles and 2 100k thermistor and 2 24v 40w heater cartridges. I got about 50$ in it but want it to go to someone in our community. If interested please message me. Samuel I hope this is ok to post.

Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
  • eyeseyes Posts: 70๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
    How much do you want for it? Is the V6 all metal or does it have the PTFE tubing in the throat?
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    I'm very sorry to hear that @Thomas C Rubleย  - hope your computers and data are ok!
    Thanked by 1Thomas C Ruble
  • Thomas C RubleThomas C Ruble Posts: 2Member
    edited September 2019
    hey, all is ok on that end, thank you. Sorry was out of town on family emergency, all good now.ย  eyes I sent you a PM. It has both throats so you can pick either one you want.
    Post edited by Thomas C Ruble on