Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Step Motor - calibration weirdness

SparkSpark Posts: 49🌟 Super Member 🌟
I started with 202ss/mm as Evalue. Used Codes M83 (relative mode) - G1 E100 F100 - send 100mm -  M503, M92 E###.# ( send new E value) - M500 ( save that shit) -  M503 ( did it save?)

I did the test for 100mm and had 8 extra so I changed the E to 219.  Did the test again and had 23 extra. set the value to 284 and now had 15 extra.  Set the E to 334. did the test again. Had a HUGE amount of UNDER extrusion.  Turned the printer OFF walked away.  Came back . Printer shows original value when running a M503 (202) 

Adding the Eagain 334 did test again and I again have a HUGE amount of under extrusion - it only extruded half the amount it should..  .  This is weird...  I thought a HIGHER e value would mean MORE extrusion. I seem to be getting less? 

Going to flash the new firmware and try again all over again..  This is just.. 

Comments

• SparkSpark Posts: 49🌟 Super Member 🌟
    I am really frustrated!  WTF I don't get this. 

The printer shows me: M92 X160.00 Y160.00 Z1600.00 E279.00
    I have gone all the way up to E430! 

There is ZERO consistency.  Using pronterface, tried simplify 3d, tried matter hackers for the interface.  

Someone please help! 
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Try calibrating with the filament extruding into air, not into the nozzle, so there is no chance of the filament slipping and giving erroneous results.
    Ok I will try that