Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Getting Started & Troubleshooting

A5S memory card

i got a problem with my A5S 3D Printer. When it is connected to a computer with the usb cable then everything is ok.
When i insert a memory card, the machine freezes. I can not press on anything on the screen before the card is removed again.
I have tried with 2 different cards, and try reformatting one of them .

I wanted to update the firmware but cant figure out how to do it when i cant get it to read a card.
Anyone know what to do? 

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Welcome @gremlin ,
    Have you tried the firmware update process yet?

• gremlingremlin Posts: 4Member
    I wanted to update the firmware but cant figure out how to do it when i cant get it to read a card.
    I understand - but have you tried the update process regardless to see what happens?
    i downloaded a file called: 201909021425572557.rar      says it is the official firmware   and put it on a card.   i  inserted it in the machine and turned it on.   the machine booted and then the screen froze and i was not able to press anything anymore before the card was removed
    The RAR file will first need to be extracted (uncompressed) and then those files will need to be copied to the SD card. I recommend to format the SD card before as FAT32. SD card must be 32GB or less. Big cards will not work.
    i used a 32 gig card now that is formated with fat32.  i downloaded the file: A5S_v2.0D_en.bin  from this site.
    i copied it onto the card. unpluged the printer for 30 sec.  inserted it and turned the printer on.   the screen was black for maby 30 sec then it booted. i can not press anything on the screen now when the card is still in the printer. same as before. I remove it and the screen works again
    edited October 2019
    That is the custom firmware file. Did the firmware update process start? Does the screen look the same now? You said you have tried two different SD cards. It sounds like there is a hardware fault related to the SD card port. This is a problem I have not heard of before.

I'm sorry @gremlin ... I think you will need to contact JGAurora, and they should be able to advise which parts will need to be replaced.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on