Homeโ€บ JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2โ€บ Modifications & Upgrades

Community Firmware with Marlin 2.0.0 Stable (Now 2.0.1)

eyeseyes Posts: 70๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
edited January 2020 in Modifications & Upgrades
Marlin 2.0.0 stable has been released - its no longer considered beta!

I created a new firmware with the newest Marlin 2.0.0 files. I was able to upload to my printer but have not tested it. Files are attached if anyone wants to download and upgrade to the newest Marlin. I don't know what improvements to expect.

Samuel if this is already part of your most recent builds please let me know. Also I didn't know what version to call these. Would they still be 2.0D?

Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
Post edited by eyes on

Comments

• ishtobishtob Posts: 13Member
    edited December 2019
    Running this now, super stable with octoprint
    Post edited by ishtob on
    actually after running a couple long prints, I am getting a negative X axis shift at around 8-10CM, consistent across 3 long prints I've done. Going to try to downgrade back to see if that would fix the issue.
  • eyeseyes Posts: 70๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
    I had the same problem but not that high. I had the problem with the previous version too. I think its related to speed and acceleration. I just reprinted mine and set accelerationย  on X and Y to 300 in Cura and it printed perfectly.
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    @eyes - I would call this 2.0E-beta1
    yea found this entry on github ( https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/issues/12403 ) looks like its been a long standing issue with the slicer defaulting t oa rediculously high jerk or acceleration and assumes the printer would automatically limit those numbers to the hardware's max speed. I enabled acceleration and jerk control and set it all to 500 and the layer shifting is gone.

• eyeseyes Posts: 70๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
    Marlin 2.0.1 is out and one of the patches listed is "Fix STEP Pulse timing to prevent missed steps"
    Here is the new version. I haven't tested it yet but maybe it will help in addition to Cura settings. Samuel is this the correct version number? 2.0.1-beta?
  • tomtomtomtom Posts: 17Active Member
    edited January 2020
    Hey guys,

I'd like to make some changes to the firmware because the Linear Advance feature seems pretty promising for me.ย 

Is that feature on that version enabled and does anyone have some experience/results with that?!

Thanks!!

Cheers Tom
    Post edited by tomtom on
  • netzmarknetzmark Posts: 107๐ŸŒŸ Super Member ๐ŸŒŸ
    Hi Sam,
    Where can I download some mostly verified and bugs-fixed Marlin 2.0 for A5 source from?
    And is it with backlash compensation feature included or not yet, do you know?
    edited February 2020
    @eyes, do you have some git repo where I can download your semi-tested version from?
    Post edited by netzmark on
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited February 2020
    @netzmark - my latest release is this one: https://github.com/pinchies/Marlin/tree/gotta-build-them-all
    You may find it helpful to look at the platformio.ini, and the other build file, as this allows me to build for A5S and A1, in a range of languages, with one click. It is a few months out of date though. I simply haven't had time to update it.

Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    Thx Sam.
    In the meantime I've prepared the config files for my A5 using Marlin 2.0.3, it little differs from configs for 2.0.1. Unfortunatelly I'm waiting for some parts to fix some mechanical problem. I'll give a report how it all works when finished. I need 2.0.x with backlash compensation. Using more tight polyamide bearings it looks it's necessary to compensate created backlash.
    edited February 2020