Home JGMaker Magic

Please help! 13 year old first time user

Watched the JGAroura Magic video and put it together exactly. Leveled the tray and used a paper to check that the nozzle was the right height. The first time I went to print from the SD card- the tip scratched through the tray! What did I do wrong? Will it still work?

Comments

• Stephen ToddStephen Todd Posts: 281🌟 Super Member 🌟
    When you level the bed and test for gap between nozzle and build surface, you do it with the nozzle and bed at working temperature - typically 200c and 60c - because of thermal expansion - the gap narrows when things are hot

You can't print on the damaged section now - but you can move the models about in Cura so that they print on a different section of the build surface

You could buy a mirror tile and clip it to the build plate, and print on that - but you will need to smear glue stick or water diluted PVA paper/wood adhesive on the glass surface so that the hot filament will stick
    Thanked by 1bethandtom1again
    Its a standard 235mmx235mm 3D printer build surface - Amazon sell them

They also sell PEI sheets in that size - PEI is far better than a PVC build sheet

• Stephen Todd- THANK YOU!! I will look for a new build sheet. It’s a shame that the directions didn’t tell me to hear it up first and then level it... 
  • Stephen Todd- do I just clip this on...or do I have to connect it somehow?

3D Printing Build Surface, 3D Printer Heat Bed Platform Sticker Sheet for Ender 3 / Ender 3 Pro, 235x235mm (9.25"x9.25") Square, Pack of 4 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K81LGVC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_5cvdEb5VVEGHA
    On that type of build surface there is a strong adhesive backing - you peel off a protective paper and stick the build sheet to the bed - you don't need the bulldog clips with this type of surface - it stays on the bed until its time to replace it