Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

LCD doesn't work

Hi! I' have a problem with my jgaurora. At first start it works perfectly and the lcd was ok. Today, when I turned on my printer, I eard a long beep and in the LCD appeared 'booting' and nothing else... Someone have the reason to fix my problem?

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    That is strange... I would suggest to contact JGAurora support for a replacement lcd. You could try reinstalling the firmware, but that shouldn’t happen out of the box.
  • MihawkMihawk Posts: 5Member
    I sent an email to support and they told me that the filament sensor is poor contact and they suggest me to try to remove the b1 line. I tried that but the b1 line is very hard connected and I think that is not the problem, what you suggest to say at the support to solve the problem in the best way possible?
  • ProkktorProkktor Posts: 146🌟 Super Member 🌟
    That does not sound like useful advice, the sensor is either on or off, neither state should prevent the board from booting. Its fastened with hot glue, you can easily remove it with a hairdryer.

You will then most likely see that it still does not work, and contact the support again...

I know... I think it is a bad situation for me.. What do you think that I should say at the support? I should change the entire lcd unity?
    edited December 2018
    Probably yes, remove the sensor like they said, it takes seconds with a hairdryer (NOT heatgun!) and then tell them the result.
    Post edited by Prokktor on
    I think you should remove the sensor plug. If the plug is not inserted correctly it can short circuit, causing the LCD not to boot. So yes, I recommend to try that first. But I think it is unlikely.... at least once you have done that you can be certain. Be careful as the connector is not strongly soldered down, it is only a surface mounted connector, so don't pull on it. Be sure to remove all the hot glue first, and perhaps use a flat heat to wedge and separate the connector and cable plug.
    I tried to do like support suggests me, I removed the b1 line and connect it again... it works! I fixed quickly the problem
    Great! :smile: support was giving good advice after all!
    Wow I would not have thought that possible, does anybody have an explanation for this?^^
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
  • cherdakcherdak Posts: 3Member

Hello. i know the discussion is old, but..
    I bought the Maker Magic and have a same problem. Unfortunately, the display goes off if the filament sensor is connected. When the sensor is unplugged, everything works very well, but the printer does not print anything because filament is not recognized. How can I solve the problem? Many Thanks. best regards

• cherdakcherdak Posts: 3Member

Sorry, wenn filament is inside. without filament anythong is ok