Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Modifications & Upgrades

TFT28 V4 vs V3 firmware issues

Enrique RiriEnrique Riri Posts: 37🌟 Super Member 🌟
edited October 2018 in Modifications & Upgrades
Hi, My latest delivered A5 comes with version 4 of the TFT. However, with the same upgraded firmware to have mesh leveling, etc... All seems to work OK, except when the filament detection was activated. The result : you are aware the filament went out (end of the roll) and the classic long beep; then the printer goes to wait position (normal) but on LCD, when you access to change filament, even if you have the right screen, Nothing happens when you press OUT to replace the filament. All other functions seems to be OK on LCD.  But the only alternative you have is to cancel the printing job and loose the piece. Happened to me several times. With V3 on my other printer, all is fine. I think a specific new firmware for V4 TFT is now necessary.  Some one notified that as me ?
Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
Post edited by Enrique Riri on

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Aha - thank you that is an interesting finding! I have zero information on the differences between TFT versions.
  • Enrique RiriEnrique Riri Posts: 37🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited October 2018
    I will push little investigation replacing V4 version with V3. Hardware is little different, speciallly for " power off" option. PCB design is not the same. V3 compliant with unofficial firmare option hardware is rare now and only Amazon propose this old board (Aliexpress swtich to V4 delivery now as standard). But please investigate as we will need really a new .bin unofficial firmware to continue the adventure :)
    edited October 2018
    Seems there is a new firmware v3.03 just released. I will test it and update info...
    edited November 2018
    So, seems firmware 3.03 of the LCD solved this issue with new TFT2.8 v4 delivered in standard with last A5 printers. The V3 was not available anymore. So, I just took the new .bin and stay with the old customized config.txt and old image folder. It works correctly after few tests. link :https://github.com/makerbase-mks/MKS-TFT/tree/master/MKS-TFT2.8-3.2

New features with version 3.03:

V3.03

1.the content of V3.0.3 firmware modification(2018/10/23)

(1).Bootloader display can be rotated 180°.

(2).Add configuration items to block error reporting.

(3).Manually add temperature function when power failure is not saved to the extrusion head temperature.

(4).Add configuration item:the length and speed of Load filament before unloader filament. 

(5).Add a prompt box when the material is paused at the beginning of printing.

(6).Fix bug: When the break detection is configured as a high level trigger, no loading can resume printing.

(7).Add configuration item: You can choose whether to configure the M110 command for different Marlin versions.

(8).Fix bug of print stop.

(9).Adjust the position of the Z axis before X and Y move when manually leveling.

Great, thanks Enrique!
  • Hi I have a problem with the tft28  I pause the print and turn off. then when I turn on and pause again, the X axis instead of climbing descends and hits the piece in print. If I turn off and on again while printing without pause, everything is OK Greetings
  • Marco SalvettiMarco Salvetti Posts: 6Member
    Hi guys, 
    as i can see that there are many changes and fixes in v3.03 firmware, i'd like to flash it in my A3S printer replacing just the bin file like Enrique Riri  did.
    Do you think is it safe enough? or there will be board compatiblity problems?
    I think it is not hard to flash the old firmware, so I don't think there is much risk if things don't work out.
    edited December 2018
    I just saw that the january modded version for a3s is v3.01 so flashing v3.03 there should not be a problem.
    I'm also looking at the config file and it's pretty much the same.
    The icons in the original firmware are the Win8 styled ones.
    I will try to flash it tonight.
    tnx ;)
    Post edited by Marco Salvetti on
    Ok, I successfully update the community custom A3S LCD firmware to v3.03 so here it is if anybody need it:

This is the official MKS changelog:

V3.0.2 firmware modification(2018/05/05):
    (1).Add the "M-off" button to the "Home" interface
    (2).We changed default temperature 180 to 0 in the "Preheat" interface
    (3).Add the function of display mainboard eeror
    (4).in the fan inerface,press the "+" or "-",the fan work
    (5).fixed the bug of click "more" restart
    (6).The board will stop operating more than 5 times when using the M110 re-instruction command
    (7).Increase the configuration item to shield power failure detection function
    (8).Modify the bug that serial port interrupt sending will be interrupted
    (9).Modify the bug of read failure in U disk or SD card printing
    (10).Increase configuration items to support dual extruder single nozzle.
    (11).Add a button in the WIFI interface to control wifi module function open or close
    (12).Fixed bug that the simple version and the retro version manual leveling wasn't go home
    (13).Wifi firmware was fixed bug that function incorrect when password less than 8 digits

V3.0.3 firmware modification(2018/10/23)
    (1).Bootloader display can be rotated 180°.
    (2).Add configuration items to block error reporting.
    (3).Manually add temperature function when power failure is not saved to the extrusion head temperature.
    (4).Add configuration item:the length and speed of Load filament before unloader filament.
    (5).Add a prompt box when the material is paused at the beginning of printing.
    (6).Fix bug: When the break detection is configured as a high level trigger, no loading can resume printing.
    (7).Add configuration item: You can choose whether to configure the M110 command for different Marlin versions.
    (8).Fix bug of print stop.
    (9).Adjust the position of the Z axis before X and Y move when manually leveling.

Thanks Marco - nice job! I've linked it on the wiki.
    I made some small changes in the wiki and added v3.03 for A5 too ;)