Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Modifications & Upgrades

Upgrade bearings for x and y axis

13»

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited June 2019
    I measure 27.0mm +/- <0.1mm distance between the rods on both sides. Both sides were very consistent.

Perhaps something is very wrong on the 35.4 side. Maybe check for burrs etc.

"Monday Morning XYZ" is a very german phrase, I really like it :wink:

Kind regards,
    Sam
    Thanked by 1ufodoctor3
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • GandyGandy Posts: 89🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Same on my printer: extruded plastic holders and 27.0 +/- <0.1mm on both sides. X-sledge runs very smoothly except for a few critical (higher) speeds where it shows some rattling.
    Thanked by 1ufodoctor3
  • ufodoctor3ufodoctor3 Posts: 60🌟 Super Member 🌟

Dear Sam and Gandy

Thank you very much for your measuring the parallelism of the x-rods at YOUR printers!

Congratulations to your good printers! I am happy for you!

But I was suffering from the very beginning by x-offset and rattle, also with excessive lubrication!.

With 35.4 to the left and 34.0 to the right (Distance from upper top to bottom of lower x-rods), I had no chance hammering onto the rods on my so far so good JGaurora5 Printer .

For my bad luck I got a “sick dog”, but cured now with my ABS-clamps, pressing the x-rods guides to the left together with brutal 30 N force for parallelism!

John Wayne said: You have no chance, so use it!

But he was wrong, there is always a chance, but requires a lot of effort.

Best regards

Peter

Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches

Dear Sam

Would it make sense if I write a letter to the JGaurora company about my x-rod non-parallelism experience?

I would propose a final check at the x-rods before delivering the printer to the customer.

I do not expect to get a replacement, since I could solve the problem respecting the advice of my wife to measure the parallelism. I am not prood that I did not got this elementary idea earlier by myself!

Best regards

Peter

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Dear Peter. I agree with your thinking - if nobody complains, they will not be aware of what to improve. So yes, it probably is good to let them know.

However, what makes me upset, is that JGAurora do not seem to have a consistent attitude of continuous improvement. You may find that they do not care.

Sometimes, it is two steps forward, sometimes three steps forwards. However, at other times, sometimes it is one step backwards. I am curious what possible mistake could have resulted in your poor printer alignment. Injection moulding should be consistent and repeatable.

Best,
    Sam
  • Der_MuckDer_Muck Posts: 265🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Just measured my rods, 43,00 on the left (outside measured) and 43,04 on the right.
    So yeah, you may have a monday printer @ufodoctor3

There are always intensive brainstormings here :D its fine, dont worry hehe
    Dear Sam and Der_Muck
    Thank you for measuring the parallelism of YOUR printer. 
    I shall write to the manufacturer about my measurement at my “Monday Morning Printer”
    My left x-axis holder (in front of the X-Stepper motor) is not ok with 43.4 mm outer rod distance. 
    Perhaps the injection molding tool had a temporary problem.

Best regards
    Peter

Dear Sam and Der_Muck

My JGaurora5 printer operates now perfectly after trimming the two x-rods to parallelism within +/-0.05mm by my additional ABS-claps .

No more rattle and x-offset with normal lubrication!

I suffered a long time at this problem, purchasing replacment axial ball bearings (still suboptimall like the original), not comparable with good Swiss bearings, but not available in JGaurora5 dimensions

But I was „barking below the wrong tree“ as we say in German.. Even with suboptimal x-bearings a proper operations is possible if the x-rods are parallel within +/0.1mm!

Dear Sam

Please write a Wiki proposal for people, suffering like my about x-Offset problems! Many Thanks

Best regars

Peter