Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Help To Get Better Prints?

I was trying to print this:https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2720099 But the print kept failing because it was warping and coming out of the bed. I uploaded my settings just in case.

Comments

• Laser8302Laser8302 Posts: 170Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟
    55ºC is a bit low for PLA. Try 60 or 65ºC. Put down some gluestick/hairspray. Initial layer should be maybe 0.16 or 0.14 I think. Is that because you level your nozzle with a sheet of paper?

PLA material flow is at 100% in your setting. This might cause over-extrusion, but can be adjusted mid-print if that happens.

Also 190ºC for your hotend might be low unless you've tested that to work well with your filament. 
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Some more tips here about bed adhesion. 
    https://jgaurorawiki.com/a5/bed-adhesion
    Personally, I don’t recommend using glue sticks etc, but each to their own.
  • rhaub101rhaub101 Posts: 89🌟 Super Member 🌟
    You should probably print that with a brim or a raft. There is not much contacting the bed.
  • JetBoyTRJetBoyTR Posts: 30Member
    Thanks for all these tips.What about retraction? My nozzle is oozing is there any tips about that?
  • rhaub101rhaub101 Posts: 89🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Try 8mm @ 75mm/sec
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
     Hey! Laser8302 I don't know why but my printer can only print at >0.2
    And I tried the 8mm retraction with 75mm/s That still didn't work.
    @JetBoyTR - 0.2mm layer height? What happens if you do 0.15mm?
    @Samuel Pinches The nozzle gets clogged and the print fails I don't know why. Can you share your own settings? Maybe your settings will work.

I'm using the default settings that you get in Cura, nothing special here!

What do you mean the nozzle gets clogged... how are you diagnosing that, and how are you fixing that? That normally only happens if there is debris, OR if the PTFE tube inside the head is damaged (which is a PITA to replace)...
    It's not extruding enough and it drags the already printed areas so it slowly gets clogged(tip of the nozzle)and stops extruding. 
    edited July 2019
    >It's not extruding enough
    Sounds like an extruder grip / excessive bowden friction problem ... try add drop of canola oil in PTFE tube.

>it drags the already printed areas
    Sounds like a bed adhesion problem... what material are you printing, and what settings are you using?
    Please check out https://jgaurorawiki.com/a5/bed-adhesion and tell me which of those steps you have not tried yet.

Find a small test print to do. Try reduce all print speeds by 50% and see how the print goes then. Next, keep things slow, and bump up print temp of nozzle by +10C, and see how things go then. Check extruder gear is not grinding. Next, keep those settings and try turn off retraction, and see how things go.

What temp are you using on nozzle and bed now? Like @Laser8302 was saying, the settings in that profile are far too low. If you're printing in a cold or breezy room, the problems will be even worse.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    I tried all of them, temp is 215C for the first layer then 200C. The problem still continues 
    edited August 2019
    > Find a small test print to do. Try reduce all print speeds by 50% and see how the print goes then. Next, keep things slow, and bump up print temp of nozzle by +10C, and see how things go then. Check extruder gear is not grinding. Next, keep those settings and try turn off retraction, and see how things go.

What happened exactly when you tried this? What were your print speeds and temps then? 200C is too cold for PLA. Do you have a photo/video?

Bed adhesion problems are a separate issue to clogging, its either got residue on the bed, or the bed is not hot enough, or the nozzle is moving too fast, or the nozzle is too close/far away. A video might help us diagnose the issue there.

Post edited by Samuel Pinches on