Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Modifications & Upgrades

BETA JGAurora A5 Firmware 1.1.9C

2»

Comments

• Charly3Charly3 Posts: 35🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Hi, can´t get 1.1.9 running. As soon as I activate UBL  It doesn´t compile any more with ultralcd errors:

exit status 1
    In file included from sketch\ultralcd_impl_DOGM.h:349:0,

from sketch\ultralcd.cpp:96:

sketch\status_screen_DOGM.h: In function 'void lcd_implementation_status_screen()':

status_screen_DOGM.h:260:17: error: 'HOTEND_LOOP' was not declared in this scope

HOTEND_LOOP() _draw_heater_status(STATUS_SCREEN_HOTEND_TEXT_X(e), e, blink);

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Try an older/newer version of arduino IDE. Compiler / parsing bugs are not uncommon. 

If you share your zip here I can take a look.
  • Laser8302Laser8302 Posts: 170Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟
    I have loaded and tweaked 1.1.9 to my liking. Besides my failed attempts at printing with PETG and problems with cooling the print head too much, I like the way it moves to home with the TMC2208s. 

After figuring out my problems with the auto bed leveling every feature seems to be working. I have printed a small part or two, I'm still learning PETG printing. I've almost got it dialed in but I have to wait a week at a time for free time to toy around with my printer.

I might try some PLA or ABS later...
    One of my failed prints. One section adheres just fine, another almost not at all... (print head is over the section that is OK.) I think it's time to toss this roll in the oven and try another roll of PETG. 
  • compman2compman2 Posts: 19Member
    I used this 1.1.9c beta to upgrade to tmc2208 drivers.  After install I lost the double bump on z axis.  I can home but never get a double bump on z axis.  Is this normal?  

I changed the drivers back to stock and installed 1.1.8 community firmware and the double bump is back.

I would really like to use the tmc2208 drivers in uart mode.  Any input?
  • itisnot_meitisnot_me Posts: 102🌟 Super Member 🌟
    1.1.8 tmc 2208 drivers work correctly. I have the double bump homing. Unless I am misunderstanding
    edited June 2019
    Are you using uart mode with the tmc2208 drivers?  I thought uart mode wasn't in 1.1.8 only in 1.1.9 and forward.
    Post edited by compman2 on
    edited June 2019
    I tried 2208 in 1.1.8 and double bump home on z axis returned, however the uart communication didn't work.  I did adjust the pin definition in pins_RAMPS.h to match those In 1.1.9 as there were issues with bidirectional communication with the 1.1.8 pin mapping.

I had all functioning in 1.1.9 except double bump homing on z axis.  It is my understanding that double bump homing is much more repeatable and accurate and is the default behavior in marlin.  I haven't found a way to turn it back on.  Any hints where to look?  I have done countless Google searches.

Another issue in 1.1.9c from the community is that when doing a mesh bed level it positions the nozzle at z 2.00 at each position and it takes lots of adjustment to get it adjusted right.  I have been doing a m502 m500 after flashing.  When I attach a reprap LCD and do leveling the value is always 2.0.  I don't know where it is coming from.  Is there a z offset of default value I can change somewhere?
    Post edited by compman2 on
    The 2mm start position is because of line 719 in configuration.h

#define MANUAL_PROBE_START_Z 2

Change that to 0.2 or so, depending on what gauge you are using (0.2mm gap gauge or piece of paper etc.)
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
  • coolt5coolt5 Posts: 38🌟 Super Member 🌟
    any update on 1.1.9 ???????????????
    I did prepare a marlin 2.0, but marlin 2.0 has not been reliable for other 8-bit CPU 3D printer models. So I have no idea if it is any more/less reliable than 1.1.9. Any specific issues/requests?
    Thanked by 1coolt5
  • GandyGandy Posts: 89🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Marlin 2.0 currently does not work with TMC2208 drivers on the MKS GEN_L. Tested this some 4 weeks ago.
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
    Samuel Pinches i did try your version of Marlin 119 from you drive. 
    But it didn't work for me
    No moving on any axis. 
    Even after I  do change all the settings for my tmc2130 stepper drivers like 118 .

So i installed 118 back and its work again. 

Don't know what i am missing here to make 119 work for me
    Disconnect the LCD when upgrading?
    Thanked by 1coolt5
    @coolt5 I am sorry but I don’t have time to look at 1.1.9 any more. You may want to download a fresh copy from the marlin website of 1.1.9 and try again. Don’t bother using marlin 2.0, it’s not stable for use on the A5 motherboard.
    Thanked by 1coolt5
    itisnot_me i did but its not working?

can you shear your files of marlin 119 with me pls 
    edited August 2019
    I dont have files for 1.1.9. I had printing issues with it and reverted back to 1.1.8. I dont really see a benefit to using 1.1.9. 1.1.8 works without issues for me
    Post edited by itisnot_me on
    I can send you my bugfix-1.1.x configuration files later, you may have to comment out the TMC2208 support and BL touch stuff, but they should be a good base for configuring 1.1.9. 
    edited August 2019
    Gandy  yah will do thanks

itisnot_me  i want to try it and will see
    Post edited by coolt5 on
    @coolt5 here we go. Attached you'll find my config for the current Marlin branch bugfix-1.1.x. You can download a snapshot from the Marlin github project or clone the repository and switch to that branch. After copying the files to the Marlin subfolder, please go through all settings and see if they match your hardware. Including, but not limited to, the TMC2208 related settings for X,Y,Z and E0 as well as th BL-Touch and autoleveling features.

Good luck!
    Thanks man i will try it and let you know 
    hi gandy
    i did try your files
    i know how to change tmc2208 to tmc2130
    but i never used BL-Touch . so to disable it and enable the normal mesh bed leveling do i just add // in front of  AUTO_BED_LEVELING_UBL in line 889 . or not and what els i need to change to have the normal bed levling and disable AUTO_BED_LEVELING_UBL.

sorry i couldn't solve it .

also when i verify i get this error (LCD_BED_LEVELING requires an LCD controller)

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

In file included from sketch\MarlinConfig.h:42:0,

from sketch\neopixel.cpp:27:

SanityCheck.h:985:6: error: #error "LCD_BED_LEVELING requires an LCD controller."

#error "LCD_BED_LEVELING requires an LCD controller."

^

from sketch\Marlin.h:35,

from sketch\temperature.cpp:27:

SanityCheck.h:985:6: error: #error "LCD_BED_LEVELING requires an LCD controller."

^

from sketch\enum.h:26,

from sketch\parser.h:32,

from sketch\parser.cpp:27:

^

from sketch\runout.cpp:27:

^

from sketch\configuration_store.h:26,

from sketch\configuration_store.cpp:47:

^

from sketch\power.cpp:27:

^

from sketch\cardreader.cpp:23:

^

from sketch\G26_Mesh_Validation_Tool.cpp:27:

^

from sketch\stepper_dac.cpp:44:

^

from sketch\pca9632.cpp:28:

^

exit status 1

from sketch\twibus.cpp:23:

^

from sketch\stepper_indirection.h:47,

from sketch\stepper_indirection.cpp:34:

^

from sketch\stopwatch.cpp:25:

^

from sketch\I2CPositionEncoder.cpp:31:

^

In file included from sketch\MarlinConfig.h:32:0,

from sketch\stepper_indirection.h:47,

from sketch\stepper_indirection.cpp:34:

sketch\stepper_indirection.cpp: In function 'void reset_stepper_drivers()':

Configuration_adv.h:1249:33: error: 'class TMC2130Stepper' has no member named 'en_spreadCycle'

#define TMC_ADV() { stepperE0.en_spreadCycle(true); }

^

sketch\stepper_indirection.cpp:578:5: note: in expansion of macro 'TMC_ADV'

TMC_ADV()

^

This report would have more information with
    "Show verbose output during compilation"
    option enabled in File -> Preferences.

@coolt5 according to your feedback, I adjusted the configuration files:
    • changed drivers to TMC2130 (please check if this is valid for E0), reset TMC_ADV macro (I needed this for the TMC2208 on E0 to run in spreadCycle rather than stealthChop mode)
    • switched from AUTO_BED_LEVELING_BILINEAR (sensor based) to MESH_BED_LEVELING (manual) - without the latter the default may be LCD_BED_LEVELING and for that you apparently need an LCD controller. The A5 TFT touch screen does not qualify as such.
    This time, I also checked if it compiles, which is the case at least for my local copy of Marlin branch bugfix-1.1.x.

As always, check if you need to adapt anything else and test with care. If anything else fails, please let me know. Or if you succeed. :)

OK THANKS FOR THE HELP MY FRIEND I WILL TRY IT AND LET YOU KNOW.

FOR MY SETUP ITS JUST TMC2130 ON ALL AXIS'S ( Z Y X E ) IN SPI MODE
    THAT'S ALL I DID UNTIL NOW .
    OK ALL WHAT I DID IS TAKE YOUR FILES AND REPLAC IT ON MARLINE 1.1.9  AND PRESS VERIFY.

AND I GET THIS ERROR

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

Marlin_main.cpp:2128:78: error: macro "SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given

if (DEBUGGING(LEVELING)) SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR("BLTouch DEPLOY requested");

^

Marlin_main.cpp:2135:105: error: macro "SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given

if (DEBUGGING(LEVELING)) SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR("BLTouch ALARM or TRIGGER after DEPLOY, recovering");

^

Marlin_main.cpp:2144:81: error: macro "SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given

if (DEBUGGING(LEVELING)) SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR("BLTouch Recovery Failed");

^

Marlin_main.cpp:2163:79: error: macro "SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given

if (DEBUGGING(LEVELING)) SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR("bltouch.deploy_proc() end");

^

Marlin_main.cpp:2172:76: error: macro "SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given

if (DEBUGGING(LEVELING)) SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR("BLTouch STOW requested");

^

Marlin_main.cpp:2185:103: error: macro "SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given

if (DEBUGGING(LEVELING)) SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR("BLTouch ALARM or TRIGGER after STOW, recovering");

^

Marlin_main.cpp:2195:81: error: macro "SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given

^

Marlin_main.cpp:2206:77: error: macro "SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given

if (DEBUGGING(LEVELING)) SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR("bltouch.stow_proc() end");

^

Marlin_main.cpp:2219:78: error: macro "SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given

if (DEBUGGING(LEVELING)) SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR("BLTouch STATUS requested");

^

sketch\Marlin_main.cpp: In function 'bool bltouch_deploy_proc()':

Marlin_main.cpp:2128:34: error: 'SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR' was not declared in this scope

if (DEBUGGING(LEVELING)) SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR("BLTouch DEPLOY requested");

^

Marlin_main.cpp:2135:36: error: 'SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR' was not declared in this scope

if (DEBUGGING(LEVELING)) SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR("BLTouch ALARM or TRIGGER after DEPLOY, recovering");

^

Marlin_main.cpp:2144:38: error: 'SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR' was not declared in this scope

^

Marlin_main.cpp:2163:34: error: 'SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR' was not declared in this scope

if (DEBUGGING(LEVELING)) SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR("bltouch.deploy_proc() end");

^

sketch\Marlin_main.cpp: In function 'bool bltouch_stow_proc()':

Marlin_main.cpp:2172:34: error: 'SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR' was not declared in this scope

if (DEBUGGING(LEVELING)) SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR("BLTouch STOW requested");

^

Marlin_main.cpp:2185:36: error: 'SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR' was not declared in this scope

if (DEBUGGING(LEVELING)) SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR("BLTouch ALARM or TRIGGER after STOW, recovering");

^

Marlin_main.cpp:2195:38: error: 'SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR' was not declared in this scope

^

Marlin_main.cpp:2206:34: error: 'SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR' was not declared in this scope

if (DEBUGGING(LEVELING)) SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR("bltouch.stow_proc() end");

^

sketch\Marlin_main.cpp: In function 'bool bltouch_status_proc()':

Marlin_main.cpp:2219:34: error: 'SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR' was not declared in this scope

if (DEBUGGING(LEVELING)) SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR("BLTouch STATUS requested");

^

sketch\Marlin_main.cpp: In function 'void bltouch_init(bool)':

Marlin_main.cpp:2282:84: error: 'DEBUG_ECHOLNPAIR' was not declared in this scope

DEBUG_ECHOLNPAIR("last_written_mode - ", (int)bltouch_last_written_mode);

^

Marlin_main.cpp:2289:13: error: 'DEBUG_ECHOLNPGM' was not declared in this scope

);

^

exit status 1
    macro "SERIAL_ECHOLNPAIR" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given

This report would have more information with
    "Show verbose output during compilation"
    option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Try downloading the latest marlin 1.1.x from the marlin website, and try again.
    Thanked by 1Gandy
  • RogerRoger Posts: 4Member
    Hi
    dead link :/ Can you share a new link pleas ?
    Hi @Roger
    This firmware is out of date. I don't think I kept a copy, since a few people had issues with it. This was just a test build to see what 1.1.9 was like, but there were more bugs in here that made the firmware impossible to recommend. I am no longer doing work on the A5 firmware, and no one else has volunteered, so 1.1.8C is still the latest community firmware.

As above, I recommend using the latest 1.1.X firmware from the Marlin firmware project. I have added configuration files for the A5 to Marlin, so it should be very straight forward to use that version. Feel free to start a new thread if you want any help with getting a new 1.1.X firmware going on the A5.

Best,
    Sam