Home 3D Print Lounge

Anyone care to help? JG Magic

TaylorDDownsTaylorDDowns Posts: 2Member
edited February 2020 in 3D Print Lounge
So, I am trying to see if I can print mini figures with the, JGMaker magic, from the website, Hero forge. They offer a free STL file to test on home printers to see if it will print accurately for home uses. I am trying to level the bed and I currently had it at about, .076mm. I have tried looking at videos, and a friend suggested looking at forums. So here I am. I tried printing this at 205degrees, with the hot plate set to 55. I had the flow rate set for .006mm (I don't mind the wait. The detail and time is excellent. Any who, I have tried this, 6 plus times and something awry always happens. I'll post the most recent one, vs the one that was the cleanest. The clean one failed with the support and the cape fell and caused a wreck. But what I recovered was sooo nice. Anyway, here's pics. If anyone wants to help me figure this out, this is my first time buying and using. Trying to get into this as well. Anything helps. Thank you. 
Post edited by TaylorDDowns on

Comments

• Stephen ToddStephen Todd Posts: 281🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Looks like main problem is poor bed adhesion and stringing

I don't like the black diamond bed at all - I dilute PVA wood glue with water - about 25 percent glue and 75 percent water, and roller it on to cold bed with small foam paint roller - I then heat up the bed and the PVA dries as a solid film - prints stick to it no problem then - when no more unused surface left, it can be wetted with water for a few minutes, and wiped off with a cloth ready for re-applying

Stringing - lots of youtube videos on reducing it - mainly due to insufficient retraction in slicer settings - try 4 or more mm
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited February 2020
    Try to calibrate your extruder steps per mm - perhaps look into custom firmware for the JGmaker magic too.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • TaylorDDownsTaylorDDowns Posts: 2Member
    @Stephen Todd
    The brim was fine. That was me removing it from the black plate that comes with the magic printer, I have a glass one that just arrived. 
    So, try setting retraction time to 4mm or more? I believe I have it set to 5mm? I'll double check. I saw somewhere in a video someone set it to 5mm. But ill correct that if wrong, and I'll look at videos. Thanks for the tips.

@Samuel Pinches
    That's all foreign to me so far. I'll try looking into that more. A lot of this seems to be math and calculations. Which I'm decent at, but don't know what the numbers mean yet. But I'll keep that noted and look into it. Thank you. 
  • Stephen ToddStephen Todd Posts: 281🌟 Super Member 🌟
    There are videos on calibrating steps per mm - simply a matter of marking 100mm of filament, then seeing how much is actually used, then using the true value

5mm retraction should be fine, but you should print a string test tower from thingyverse, and keep printing with different slicer settings until you get good results - retraction is just one of the things you need to get right - again, lots of youtube videos

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=stringing+reduction