Home JGAurora A5X

Backup Firmware for A5X? How to add Bl Touch?

SystemSystem Posts: 19Administrator
This discussion was created from comments split from: JGAurora A5X - What are the difference between this one and the A5?.
Thanked by 1Murachacha

Comments

• MurachachaMurachacha Posts: 4Member
    edited February 2020
    Hey, hab mich jetzt extra mal hier angemeldet weil ich gerade ein bisschen am Verzweifeln bin.

Weiß hier irgendwie wie ich mit der Firmware da oben BlTouch zum laufen bekomme?

Beziehungsweise noch eine Frage. Ist es möglich ein Backup von der Firmware zu erstellen, die sich gerade auf meinem Drucker befindet?

Danke.

-------

Translation:
    Hey, I registered here now because I'm a little bit desperate.

Here somehow knows how to get BlTouch up and running with the firmware?

Or another question. Is it possible to backup the firmware that is currently on my printer?

Thank you.

Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Welcome / Wilcommen @Murachacha !

The current factory firmware is saved on the wiki: https://jgaurorawiki.com/a5x

You can add a BL Touch following similar guides for the A5 or any other printers that use the MKS Gen L motherboard.

I don't think there is an easy way to backup the current firmware. I will ask JGAurora what the current firmware is for the A5X.

Cheers,
    Sam

Thanked by 1Murachacha
    Thx.
    I want to use the Marlin 2.0 BUGFIX firmware (the community version i think), but I read somewhere that it's not possible to use bltouch with it.

Is that true? 

edited February 2020
    Marlin 2.0 is under active development. My understanding is that at the time that community firmware was prepared, the BLTouch was not working with Marlin 2.0. This may have been fixed, but it would need a new firmware build for the MKS Gen L to be created.
    Thanked by 1Murachacha
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    Just so I get it right. There currently is no workaround to get bltouch working with Marlin 2.0?

Is there any feature that would justify a change to Marlin 2.0 from 1.9 then?
    The answer to (1) I am not sure about. But to (2), I don't think there is any major advantage to Marlin 2.0.
    Thanked by 1Murachacha
    Thank you very much, this has settled it for me.