Home 3D Print Lounge

New here? Come say hi!

13»

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited February 2019
    Welcome Robero @jelot_it ! I hope you have fun here. Thank goodness for Google translate! Cheers :smile:
    Thanked by 1BWA4126
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • monicacomonicaco Posts: 4Member
    Hi there.
    My name is Juan, I´m from Spain and my JGAurora A5 arrived last monday.
    I´m looking forward to starting print... I´m sure that I´ll nedd lots of help.
    :-)
    Thanks in advance.

@monicaco - Bienvenido a nuestro foro!
    Hope you can find the answers here you need. Also, I recommend checking out the wiki too.

• monicacomonicaco Posts: 4Member
    Thank you Samuel
    I will do it.
    :-)
  • BWA4126BWA4126 Posts: 4Member
    Hey guys nice to meet you all my name is Abigail you can call me Abi :). I good my Jgaurora 3 weeks ago and I'm new at 3d printing.
    @BWA4126  - Welcome Abi! :smile:
    Thanked by 1BWA4126
  • giantrobot2001giantrobot2001 Posts: 106🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Hello bump - looks like I'm late to the party.  I'll just have to buy a crapload of PLA and try to catch up.  I do hobby art in CAD, but I can now step away from 3dhub (it's like Uber for when you don't have your own printer), and start printing this stuff myself.  Thanks to Samuel for helping me when my first printer experience went bad.
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
    Welcome @giantrobot2001 - printing stuff yourself can be pretty rewarding, especially if you can do your own CAD beyond just downloading trinkets off thingiverse. :smiley:
    Thanked by 1giantrobot2001
  • FunInAlaskaFunInAlaska Posts: 18Member
    Hello everyone.
    I am Andrew from Utqiagvik, AK (used to be known as Barrow) 
    I just got into 3d Printing with the purchase of my JG Magic.
    I am very glad to have found this forum. It has been a long road to get me here but I am very excited to get into this hobby. My printer has been going almost non stop since it arrived 2 weeks ago.
    My wife has been enjoying shopping for filament and I need to get her to use one source rather than Amazon as I have already had 2 bad experiences with old/damaged filament from Amazon.

Oh and I am somewhat obsessed with Vase Mode so if anyone has any neat tricks using it I'm game to learn.
    Warm welcome Andrew! @FunInAlaska - it's so great to hear that you're enjoying this new hobby :smiley:
    Next you'll be into lithopanes ... :wink:

Thanked by 1FunInAlaska
  • FunInAlaskaFunInAlaska Posts: 18Member
    Samuel, Actually that will be fully intentional.
    I am waiting till I get a couple upgrades first and I am focused on a product development I am working on for my wife.
    I already ordered a spool of basic white PLA with the intention of lithophanes, But I need a little more information on them. But That discussion is probably more suited in another thread not here so later I will figure out where to post that at some point.
  • Angelo BettoliAngelo Bettoli Posts: 14Member
    I thought I did it a couple of years ago but, seems not  :D
    Hi everyone!
  • sheddistsheddist Posts: 3Member
    Hi,
    From the UK, picked up an almost unused A3S. Been printing various items OK, printer does have a habit of not booting on first switch on, sometimes neededin to be on and off 5-6 times before it boots. Then fine. 
  • giantrobot2001giantrobot2001 Posts: 106🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited August 2020
    Hi sheddist! Welcome! 
    I've picked up some of these JG printers including "like new" used. I really recommend you immediately open it up and check ALL the plug-in connections methodically just for maintenance and especially with that issue.  Careful as you open the case - the ribbon cables are tight, then you need a piece of string. I posted a pic about it recently.

Completely disconnect power.
    Any time you're working on it, you should be aware that it's easy to short things out on these. if the machine has power and you touch/ground the delicate thermistor at the hot end, you can kill the board.  loose connections (Argh) can kill the board. it's sensitive in my opinion.  ... but there's a ton of other stuff in the wiki here you'll probably need to know if you are new

About fixing your printer:
    There are two versions of the A3S. Early versions did not have the newer board and there is no SD card slot on the front display panel - if no slot, it's parts are like an A5.  Does yours have the Slot for a flash card on the front panel? (That would be more like an A5S with a smaller print size).  The hot end is about the same, but for many issues it makes a difference.
    Post edited by giantrobot2001 on
    Welcome @sheddist ! :smiley:
    I think yours is 99% likely to be the model that is similar to the A5. I have not seen that booting issue before though... a bit strange I think 🤨. The main motherboard and LCD module are separate systems -- it is most likely an issue just with the LCD module ("MKS TFT28").

• sheddistsheddist Posts: 3Member
    Thank you for the helpful comments.  I agree,  probably something loo se on or related to LCD. It is the early type with side mounted slots.  Is my understanding correct in that the "brains" is in the LCD panel, with the main board driving the various outputs and conditioning the various inputs?    Will take it  apart and have a look.  Other than that is is printing well, did a 14 hour print no problem. 

@sheddist - the main motherboard is really the main brains, the LCD simply reads files off USB and spits data to the main motherboard over a serial port. All the inputs/outputs are controlled by the marlin firmware on the main motherboard.
  • CADArtist1965CADArtist1965 Posts: 1Member
    Hi there I'm from England, just received my A5 S printer, after assembling it, found leveling issues with gantry. Followed video to level Z axis with vernier calipers as suggested in the video below.

JGAurora A5 and A3S Tutorial #1 - Leveling the Bed

When I tried the auto-bed level after doing the gantry, the left screw on the Z axis pulled it lower than the right screw, causing a horrible grinding noise.

Cannot find a tutorial to troubleshoot this problem and fix for it.

Any help would be appreciated, I am a beginner to 3d printing.

Mike

edited September 2020
    @CADArtist1965 Welcome Mike!
    I would suggest the most likely causes could be either (a) a loose connection to one of the two z axis motors (access from underneath) or (b) dried up blue lubricant on the z-axis lead screws. Replacing the lubricant is highly recommended, as the factory lubricant is no good. See this page for lubricant info: https://jgaurorawiki.com/lubrication

If you want more help -- please start a new thread with your issue, as this is the welcome thread. :smile:
  • CapFiveCapFive Posts: 15Member
    Hello all!

Thanks for creating an awesome resource for JGAurora owners.

I recently picked up a used A5S that was let go because of a layer shift issue. I've been digging through this site to not only figure out why it's happening but what's the best way to fix it..

I hope the collective experience of this group helps get my A5S back into working condition!
    Welcome @CapFive :smiley:
    I hope we're able to help get it sorted out ;)

• GamecreatureGamecreature Posts: 5Member
    New owner of a JGMaker Magic here. I actually have it up and running and it prints well from the SD card. I do not understand how to configure the USB cable or even if I want to. Currently, the LCD stays on while connected to the computer and the JGCreat software doesn't acknowledge the printer at all. 

I could also use some tips on getting things off of the table - perhaps I should enable Build Plate Adhesion?
    edited February 2021
    Welcome @Gamecreature :blush:  Please start a new thread here and I'm sure we can answer all your questions in the JGMaker Magic section :smiley:
    Thanked by 1Gamecreature