Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Ultimaker Cura 4.5 slicing issue

Hi,

I am new to 3D printing and just finished setting up my JGAURORA A5S. After browsing through the Getting Started post on this forum, I decided to download Ultimaker Cura 4.5 from the Ultimaker website so that I can use Cura as my slicing software. I uploaded an STL file that I downloaded from the internet (attached), set the layer height and infill to the suggested values that came with the STL file (0.3mm and 8% respectively), and then hit "Slice". When I subsequently tried to print, the printer went through the homing sequence, heated the nozzle and build plate to the preset temperatures, and then stopped. While the nozzle remained stationary (and didn't extrude any printer filament), the progress bar filled up until the print job was complete. What's strange is that this process took about 5 minutes (much shorter than the estimated 23 minutes from the print preview), and when I checked the time estimations for different printing operations, the estimated times were on the order of single seconds (see image below)

I feel like these time estimations are really low? I've tried uploading other STL files and the same thing happens. However, I was able to print the demo part provided on the SD card that came with the printer, so I don't think the issue is with the printer itself. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance for the help!

Comments

• Stephen ToddStephen Todd Posts: 281🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Instead of printing over USB cable, plug a SD card into your computer and save to the card instead - then plug the SD card into the printer and see if it prints from that

You could also download the free program pronterface, which prints over USB cable, and see if that prints, or if it gives error messages
    Thanked by 1danielpy
  • danielpydanielpy Posts: 2Member
    I originally tried printing using the SD card, but the same problem kept happening. We saw another post, which recommended trying to delete everything off of the SD card, so that the only file left was the gcode for the part. That seems to have solved the issue!