Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Replacement Parts: Hot end wire and servo motors

Recently my printer has been losing heat during prints and I noticed the wires going into the hot end were partially severed and burnt. The servo motor for my bed has also been slipping mid-print. I looked online for replacement parts but I'm not sure what to choose? Is there anywhere in the forum that has a list of the replacement parts, or does anyone have any suggestions for these parts specifically?

Comments

• GNWarriorGNWarrior Posts: 6Member
    This is a picture of said Hot end after I took out the heating element. I've contemplated replacing the whole hot end assembly because they're not too expensive, but I'm a broke college student so I'm looking to just replacing the heating element.

• Stephen ToddStephen Todd Posts: 281🌟 Super Member 🌟
    The motor is unlikely to be slipping - more likely to be the belt in the control box needs tightening

The heater cartridge is a standard part on most 3D printers - except you need a 24 volt one, and many are 12 volt - look for 24 volt 40 watt on Amazon, but you will likely have to solder it to the existing wiring, unless you buy one with the correct length leads and plug

The thermistor leads insulation also look trashed - if they short out, you'll probably need a new controller board at $60 - the thermistor is also a standard part being a 100k NTC glass bead thermistor you can get from Amazon - again you have to solder it to existing wires, or get one with correct length wires and plug

https://jgaurorawiki.com/a5/spare-parts

Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches