Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

A5 :: Bed Heating Problem

Hi to all,
this morning I printed a small object with my A5 without problems from the USB flash drive, so I prepared the second (with Cura) but it never starts because the bed did not want to warm up.
The display sometimes showed 25, sometimes 26 degrees Celsius, I realized it was the temperature of the room.
I tried to force the heating of the bed from the display but nothing! always the same room temperature.
I tried to heat a cup of water and put it in any place on the bed, hoping to see any variation on the display, but the temperature never changed.
So I unscrewed the bed, lifted it up a bit and found the connector burned out.

So I used a hot air gun on the connector because it seemed glued; so I disassembled the bed and there was practically a black pin on the bed , and on the connector like if it had melted.

What do you suggest to do?

I thought about doing:
1- clean the burnt pin with a file
2- try to measure the impedance 1-2 and 3-4 and compare it with the value in another post that I found today to check if the bed is still usable

Does this make sense...:
Q1- replace the connector with one that can support a lot of current. (like some small RC / XT60 lipo connectors)?
Q2- change the whole cable with an AWG16 silicone cable?

...??

Thanks inadvance

MuT

Comments

• rhaub101rhaub101 Posts: 89🌟 Super Member 🌟
    That is a known problem with the 4 pin connector. You can change the bed and cable to a 6 pin connector that will carry more current or you can remove the 4 pin connector and solder the wires directly to the bed (that was my choice)
  • Laser8302Laser8302 Posts: 170Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟
    if you solder the wires to the bed, make sure you leave a little wire for strain relief.
  • PetrTecillaPetrTecilla Posts: 1Member
    edited September 2021
    Hi....just assembled it and was printing PLA for one week without any issues. Yesterday I wanted to try my first print with ABS and I am always getting preheat errors at around 95-97° bed temperature. Already checked all connections and also did slightly increase the voltage of the PSU from 12.15 to 12.35 without any effect.

Post edited by PetrTecilla on
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Welcome @PetrTecilla -- what temperature is it in your printing room? Have you upgraded the fan? What fan speed are you using? Best, Sam
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited July 2020
    @PetrTecilla -- also, the PSU voltage should be 24V not 12V?? Has someone replaced the PSU in your A5?
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on