Home 3D Print Lounge

JG magic maker stops mid print and requests filament change?

BradleyBradley Posts: 12Member
It has happened 12 times now throughout various different prints that my 3d printer stops mid print and requests a filament change. Furthermore, I press the button to reheat the bed and end and put the filament back in. Once the printer goes back to the print job the nozzle goes down to far and ends up crushing my print instead of returning to the previous position before it stopped. Anything helps!

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Welcome @Bradley! I would suggest that this sounds like a firmware bug... you may want to looking into flashing the JGMaker Magic custom firmware on the wiki. I expect it would fix the print crushing at least.... if the filament run out sensor keeps giving you grief, you may want to unplug it entirely.
    Thanked by 1Bradley
  • BradleyBradley Posts: 12Member
    Ok, I will do this next. Sometimes when I am printing with PLA the prints come unstuck to the print bed half way through the print. I tried fixing it by putting the bed heat up to 110 degrees which is what abs needs but the PLA still comes unstuck.
    I understand what you’re trying to do, but PLA should not need more than 63° on the heated bed. The glass transition temperature for PLA is about 65°, so above that you’re just keeping the PLA soft. Try and making sure the bed is really clean, wipe it down with isopropyl alcohol.
    As I am trying to update the firmware on my printer, I downloaded the Jg aurora magic maker firmware, and in the directions it says to open the "Marlin.ino" file in Ardunio.. However I am not able to find it in the Marlin firmware file,
    @Bradley - what file did you download, and where from?
    The JGaurora forum
    should be this link from the jgaurorawiki.com, not the forum:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wdy54fdn2cxyk1c/JGMaker_Magic_Marlin_v0_2.zip?dl=1

Need to unzip it after downloading.

Yes, sorry I did download it from the wiki not the forum, my bad, I found the Marlin.ino file as well. However, once I upload the file to my printer, then I type M500 then M502 I get an error message saying EEprom disabled.
    Well, that means that unfortunately that the flashing did not work. Have another try to read through the steps, if need be I can help you over Teamviewer remote support.
    I tried it again however I am still getting the same error message. I am stuck.
    edited June 2020
    If you can download teamviewer, and private message me your id and password, I can connect to your computer and try to help you flash it.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    All done - looks good :smiley:
    Oh, and feel free to join the discord group for the forum at the link I gave you.

Thank you so much again, this printer has been giving me a lot of problems and now it should be fixed, thanks.

You're welcome :)