Home JGMaker Magic

Slicer choice

sirhcwolfsirhcwolf Posts: 21Member
What's everyone's slicer software of choice?
I've been using Cura, but have begun playing with Prusa's.

Comments

• y2kats65y2kats65 Posts: 18Member
    I am new to 3D printing.  I would like to use Cura but find there are so many settings that I don’t know where to begin.  The JGreat slicer that shipped with the product is very easy to use for a beginner.  Only a few options are available, much easier for a beginner to get started and get good result.
  • PrintBigPrintBig Posts: 46Member
    I switched over to Simplify3d and have been using it for about a year now. I like it buiuuuuuuuut.....

pros: the menus are super simple to navigate through. You don’t get lost in a hundred different “special settings” (cura), the UI is for the most part easy to use.

cons: NOT ALOT OF COMMUNITY SUPPORT, all the community support and forums that I’ve read either doesn’t give a lot of explicits or individuals talk down on the OP. Don’t get me wrong the S3D website has some great basic trouble shooting basics but after that it’s off to third party forums. Bridging in S3D has been a nightmare for me. Emphasize “for me”.

I have been thinking heavily about switching back to Cura or investigating other slicers.

id like to hears other people’s opinions as well