Home JGMaker Magic

Flexible with Magic?

PrintBigPrintBig Posts: 46Member
Does anyone know if you can print flexibles with the Magic?

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited May 2020
    Welcome @PrintBig - you probably can, but you need to print very slowly with flexibles, and turn off retraction in your slicer. The bowden tube on the JGMaker magic will make it better than most. I wouldn't try super super(wet noodle) flexible filaments, but TPU should be doable.
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • PrintBigPrintBig Posts: 46Member
    Thank you Samuel. I’m definitely gonna try it. I’ll post my results when I tackle it.
    You mentioned the Bowden tube... I recently upgraded to Capricorn. I heard it was better for filaments so I didn’t wait.
  • sirhcwolfsirhcwolf Posts: 21Member
    Any luck so far?
  • FunInAlaskaFunInAlaska Posts: 18Member
    Not sure about the original poster of this thread, but I picked up a couple sample packs (50g) of a brand of TPU called FLexi and I gave it a shot. It worjks, but you have to slow it down to a near crawl. I was having success at around 15-20mm/s faster than that and it just strings all over the place and doesn't actually lay much down. The only things I have attempted are single simple body objects with no need to travel much at all so I cant speak to more elaborate prints. But Yes it does work it will just involve a lot of trial and error of your printer.
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
  • patrickbrpatrickbr Posts: 2Member
    I Printed PETG with JGmagic, but had lots of strings, just at "vase mode" I got better results, and using noozzle at 245Cº and table at 60Cº. 
    Is PETG more flexible than TPU?

@sirhcwolf the Capricorn bodin tube in my opinion is easier and better to work with. It has a slightly tighter ID than the normal ptfe tube that came with the printer. Also, it’s more slick... not sure how to describe it but the filament feels like it slides easier, lower coefficient of friction.

im satisfied with it. These are just my opinions 😊
    @Samuel Pinches it’s been long awaited but I will be posting one of my TPU prints later today. Decent print quality at a range of speeds. Thank you again for all you do for this forum.
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
    Pictures and settings of first TPU prints.
  • giantrobot2001giantrobot2001 Posts: 106🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Ha - nice. They look very springy
  • sirhcwolfsirhcwolf Posts: 21Member
    @PrintBig No worries. I have Capricorn on there now as well but I think I cut it a couple of mm short. PETG is less brittle than PLA, more impact resistant, a higher glass transition temp. I get some stringing, but i would call it as others have 'boogery', which a silicone sock helps prevent. Very nice with the TPU, I tried going to MicroCenter today to pick some up, but they had a pretty significant queue outside.
  • EyeEye Posts: 115Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟
    i tried  tpu Some time ago with my a5....  it went no were; what kind of settings dod you use?