Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

cant enable mesh leveling

EyeEye Posts: 115Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟
 Hi
  a while ago i    updated the firmware and the LCD firmware; and  for a while all was well; 
   ;)
JGAurora A5 Custom LCD firmware - 030718 Version B.zip
JGAurora A5 Custom Main Motherboard  Marlin Firmware 1.1.8C

Sadly, after   Severl    leveling attempts via the LCD, it seems  That i   cant save the  mesh Leveling data, 
 As i  Get a message on the lcd   "Failed to enable Bed Leveling"  with  each try of  printing

I use cura 461   

the start gcode has 
    G28 ;home all axis
    M420 S1   
in  it

Via  Pronterface IO Got  
G29
Mesh bed leveling has no data.

Now i am ,. kind of  Confused, i DID  press the Save button  while  levling using the lcd...?

The  5s seems to need an  sd card, i
Thought the  A5  Does save to the eepromt?

Help Please ;)

Eye

Comments

• EyeEye Posts: 115Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Sd card did not help at all; i had to get a alaptop and  do the leveling with that one, NOW it seems It saved  the data..

Any one any idear what that means? 
    it seems like the LCD button   does not do save
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    A5 does save to EEPROM on the motherboard. Try levelling following DaHai's guide for doing it from a PC.
    You may also want to try to reset the EEPROM to the firmware defaults - send M502 to reset to defaults, then send M500 to save. This is the last step after flashing firmware that sometimes people forget to do.

Tried that; never to that good  results, but with The    laptop as  Controlling device at leasst  the thing saved its  numbers

NOW i broke My Z axis  switch...   and jave no didear  were to find one ;)

For Those that might find themselves here looking for The "Failed to enable Bed Leveling",
     i had this repeatedly; and found   that When i  used "Save"  after Leveling The LAST  Position;
    Then pressing "next", and  after the whole  thing  Drove home AGAIN "save", it seems to work

Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches