Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Print doesn't start

Hi everyone, 

Im bart, and i own a Jgaurora a5 for about 2 years now, my printer hasn't printed for a long time and today i started again, by doing some maintenance, i replaced the level knobs, cleaned and re-lubricated the z axis.
There is only one problem i don't know how to fix it, and that's if i start a print, the lcd screen freezes, and nothing happens. And the touch screen doesn't react. 

I put a picture of the screen i get when it freezes, hope someone can help me fix it. 

Kind regards, 
Bart

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Hi Bart, if you restart the printer, are you able to preheat the nozzle and bed temperature successfully?
    Welcome @Barts :smile:
  • BartsBarts Posts: 7Member
    Hi samuel, 

If i turn the printer off and again on, i can preheat everything, but the momemt i start a print the same problem as described above starts. 
    A little update, 

I mailed tech support and they send me the files for the mainboard and screen firmware update, i did that but it helped nothing, but i figured out that if i start the print by using the usb cable it starts, 
    So u think the problem should be in the usb port of the printer. 
    Does anybody know what it could be and maybe how to fix it? 
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    The simplest solution is to replace the front LCD module - the MKS TFT28. It is the cause of this problem. Unfortunately, since it has proprietary firmware, we are unable to really offer much more to help with it. :(

Thanked by 1Barts
    Thanks for the help samuel, it helped me alot! 
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches