Home 3D Print Lounge

New here? Come say hi!

Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
My name is Samuel, and I'm a PhD student from Melbourne, Australia. I entered into the world of 3D printing in 2012, and today I enjoy 3D printing  in all areas of my life - as a hobby for art, for producing prototype parts as an occasional commercial service, as well as some of my research now including studying 3D printing processes for producing ceramic parts.

Comments

• CedricCedric Posts: 11Member
    Hi @Samuel Pinches and thanks for the work on the firmware

Just a small request ; possible to have a dark theme ? :)

Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Great Idea! I'll see what I can do.
  • CdRsKuLLCdRsKuLL Posts: 4Member
    It's a big Hello from me. Great work on the forums Sam :-) 
    edited March 2018
    @Cedric  - see the option at the bottom of the panel on the right side B)
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • Hello from Spain, I am very new in the world of 3D printing. the a5 is my first printer. thanks Samuel for everything
  • CedricCedric Posts: 11Member
    thanks looks great  !!! :)
  • Jamie ClarkJamie Clark Posts: 1Member
    edited March 2018
    Yeah a dark theme would be great, tbh I feel like the white theme makes it look like I'm looking at ads not posts lol

I'm probably just weird though
    Post edited by Jamie Clark on
  • philwald1184philwald1184 Posts: 28🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Hi everybody! Great idea Samuel! I hate facebook...
    @Jamie Clark
    Thanks for the feedback. I’ve placed a dark theme option in the sidebar at the bottom. Cheers! :)
  • James ThomsonJames Thomson Posts: 1Member
    Hi all new to 3d printing but love it even when things go wrong waiting on a scanner arriving so hopefully have even more fun.
  • KaosProductionsKaosProductions Posts: 2Member
    Samuel!! Good show sir!
  • AlfgardAlfgard Posts: 1Member

Hello, A good idea! thx!
  • jollypikejollypike Posts: 12Member
    edited April 2018
    Hi Everyone,

I’m fairly new to 3D printing. The A3S is my second 3D printer - I wanted a smaller more ‘plug and play’ printer after all the ‘fun’ with my coreXY-like printer.

I originally had an idea for a very limited product run in PLA+ or ABS, I even had the design in Fusion 360, but current affordable 3D printers are far too slow to produce this item in less than 50 hours (even with some optimisations). I think some of the $10K plus printers would be able to produce it faster but that wouldn’t be cost effective.

So it’s back to creating my idea by hand in wood and I have 3D printers for a hobby until such times as they are say 10 times faster than now - hopefully MIT’s print head concept will filter down to cheaper printers over the next few years!

Thanks for reading,

Jollypike.
    Post edited by jollypike on
    Welcome @Alfgard & @jollypike :smile:
  • jollypikejollypike Posts: 12Member
    PS Great forum. And not on Facebook .... result! :D
  • TapNorXTapNorX Posts: 6Member
    Just want to say hello to fellow JGAurora users. I just got my A5 fresh from China here in Germany. It was bit bended on the vertical frame right out of the box but nothing i couldnt fix. Now its operating with community firm on main+lcd. I successfully printed the cat from usb. Now im doing some RCM jigs for my Nintendo switch. Looking forward to have fun with my new hobby. *grabs a beer and prosit to the round
    Welcome @TapNorX! :smile: sounds like you're steaming ahead!
  • TapNorXTapNorX Posts: 6Member
    I had the time to read the net while waiting for the delivery. Still have much to learn as you can see on my first steamy-benchy ;)

But i dont want to derail the the welcome thread, so im opening a thread on the showcase section and waiting for some suggestions from the pros.
  • OphiocosOphiocos Posts: 30🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Hi there Samuel - great job on the site :-) I am fairly new to 3D Printing have had 3 printers, now I have bought myself a A5 ..... pretty paperweight I might say - its not up running yet since I have major thermal challenges :-(
    Thanks @Ophiocos (cool username!), and welcome, thanks for dropping by. Hope you can find the answers and help you need to get it going! :smile:

• Milk_And_AmmoMilk_And_Ammo Posts: 8Member
    Noob to 3D printing...  time to offload the ideas Ive had bouncing around in my head...  Have an ant a8 on the way too...  Ill convert that to laser cutting, tho...
  • woszuwoszu Posts: 21Member
    Hi.
    Im Mario from Poland. 
    I've Jgaurora A5, and i just joined to 3D printing world:)
    Welcome @woszu & @Milk_And_Ammo!
  • enochrootenochroot Posts: 8Member
    Just wanted to say hi and thanks for creating this forum and wiki ...most useful to those of us new to the world of 3d printing. Currently using a Flashforge finder and a new A5, considering getting a delta style printer too
    Thanks @enochroot ;) 
    if you’re new to 3D printing, I suggest hold off on the delta for a few months - they can be fickle and have an even steeper learning curve to setup and tune. Also, for a delta, frame rigidity is the most important thing.
    Thanked by 1enochroot
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 1Member
    Hello guys, brand new to the hobby (I haven't even powered my A5 up yet). Looks like I have a lot to learn but I'm looking forward to it :)
    edited July 2018
    Welcome @Shrike ! Best of luck! I suggest you might want to check out the new-owners page on the wiki :smile:
  • KmanOzKmanOz Posts: 2Member
    Sam I finally came over. So much more information here. Top job bloke !!!!
    edited July 2018
    @KmanOz Haha, thanks and welcome P!
  • skysurferskysurfer Posts: 37🌟 Super Member 🌟
    Hi guys,

i'm HP from the south of Germany and in the middle of my life time.
    I start the 3D printing ca. 3 years ago  with a year off, my first printer was an Geeetech acrylic Prusa printer.
    From whose parts then my steel was created.
    The GT2560 board was swapped for a Ramps 1.4.
    By my own stupidity I had twice shot the Ramps.
    So I had to make a case for the electronics. However, I found nothing suitable that I also liked. So I started to construct the housing myself.
    Due to time pressure, I wanted to give a case for a friend for the MKS TFT 2.8 "and LCD 12864 display, my steel was out of order, I had summarily bought a JFAurora A3S, which I liked extremely well.
    This A3S now has about 350 operating hours under my belt and my current main problem with which I, since printing technical objects, fighting I can not get a grip.
    But I would like to create a separate thread for this and hope that somewhere can help me to fix it..

And sorry for my bad english.