Home JGMaker Magic

Magic Firmware Marlin 2.0 Error

PrintBigPrintBig Posts: 46Member
I just updated (or attempted to) my firmware to Marlin 2.0. I followed the steps here "https://jgaurorawiki.com/a5/firmware". Everything uploaded fine. M502 command was successful. M500 command said "ERROR: EEPROM". Now my LCD screen is blank and I can't connect with simply 3d.

Someone please help.

Thank you all.

Print Big

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited January 2021
    Hi PrintBig, did you flash the JGAurora A5 firmware, or did you flash the JGMaker Magic firmware by DaHai? In short, where did you get your firmware from?

Thanked by 1PrintBig
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • PrintBigPrintBig Posts: 46Member
    I downloaded the Marlin.ino V2.0.x from Marlinfw. Then immediately followed the instructions here https://jgaurorawiki.com/a5/firmware.

Before I used DaHais firmware successfully. I thought it was pretty much apples to apples just a newer version. I’m beginning to think I was slightly wrong lol

is there hope of saving the printer?
    I SAVED THE PRINTER!!!!!

1. Went to the jgmaker magic link you gave me above.
    2. redownloaded DaHai’s firmware
    3. clicked the link “to install firmware on the JGMAKER Magic,...”
    4. followed the instructions to a T.

I must’ve not done all this explicitly last night.

it was a stupid simple fix... I feel like banging my head against a hard wall that’s how simple it was.

thanks again Sam. I apologize for taking up your time on something so trivial.

Very Respectfully,

PrintBig
    @PrintBig Yay! Basically, the marlin firmware you downloaded initially probably was not configured for your printer model. DaHai has done this work, his is ready to go for the JGMaker Magic.

Happy printing!
    Sam
    Cheers

Is there a marlin firmware update for the JGMAKER Magic?

@PrintBig — not that I know of. Anything in particular you’re hoping for?

Thanks for responding Sam. Im hoping for better surface quality.

I know alot of print quality issues come from the slicer, but how much comes from the firmware itself?

Im getting uneven layer lines not evident from the Z screw, loose hardware fast print speeds, accel or jerk. All of that has been exhaustingly checked and tightened

I DO HAVE linear advance activated. Maybe thats it? Im not sure.

Also please see picture... what in holy Gondor is happening here and how do i fix it? Ive reuploaded the firmware (from an original copy that i saved) and its still showing this screen.

Thank you Sam.

Cheers Sir!

@PrintBig -- unfortunately, I think much of the print quality also depends on the printer's mechanical design. The stepper drivers are also part of the equation too, and the firmware can't change those.

Uneven layer lines could be bed-breathing. Maybe a bed PID tune would help reduce those.

Unfortunately the screen issue looks like a faulty LCD unit -- that's bizarre, haven't seen that before!