Homeβ€Ί JGAurora A5 & A3Sβ€Ί Getting Started & Troubleshooting

x-axis home doesn't work

2Β»

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited January 2021
    Ok, well can you please clearly state the current state of the issue. As I understand it:

- Printer is A5, completely stock, no modifications
    - Have completely replaced faulty MKS Gen L motherboard and A4988 stepper drivers.
    - Homing and movement of all axis moves correctly.
    - Currently have factory firmware installed.
    - Having issues with filament sensor triggering unexpected beeping.
    Is this correct?
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • MattMatt Posts: 314🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited February 2021
    Hi Sam. Yes, it is A5, not A5S. The guy sent me first one firmware, then other two firmwares in a second email (of which, one looks like the one of the prime email, whilst the second haves a "300" before the .hex part), plus a video (which I posted) as "example" for flashing (though it was not for th a5, but for the magic!). I attached the files.
    I flashed the machine from cura 15.04 ("other versions don't work", said the guy... Which is not true!) inputing the three of them: first the first, second etc.. I would add that, albeit the video said that, after flashing, the machine will reboot (automatically, I guess), this didn't happened in my case: the display remained open, and I had to remove the usb cable to shut it.
    After each flashing (indeed after the prime one), I saw that the x-homing was gone, but there was the issue that now, when trying to print some test thing, first the normal printing initialization interface appeared, but after some seconds appeared the interface scheme of the "resume printing", alongwith a beep which looks like the one beeping when the filament is out. Pushing "resume" brought me again to the same interface over and over. I wrote to the guy and he told me to unplug the filament sensor: I did, but the issue remained. Btw, I asked him if I had to write down the correct specs in the cura settings, and why he did sent me 2-3 hexes with a video for another printer: so far no answers... Apropos of being a serious, responsive and responsible company. I may be "biased", but we might also considere that a serious company must know perfectly what kind of problems could be featured by machines built by they themeselves. And, as you remember, when I wrote them about the direct drive, the answer I got was in line with such an approximate behavior.
    Btw, I cannot obviously remain without filament sensor forever: so, another way must be scoped. At least if we are in the case of an issue related to the sensor, and not yet to some other kind of problem.
    Btw, I tried to download the stock firmwares from the pages of your links, but one was no more existent, whilst the other was a folder of bin files, which I don't even guess how to install (usb stick? how?). Btw, I tried to download Arduino as last resort, but I cannot, 'cause the app cannot be downloaded from the store, 'cause the winupdate of my win10 looks damaged (or perhaps it doesn't see anything win-related to download and doesn't make start any downloads...), albeit my installation is fresh of some 2 months. Anyway, I see that the custom firmware install is even more difficult to do, so better I stick to the stock: if only I were able to flash it in.

Post edited by Matt on
    edited February 2021
    How it is possible that nobody knows a correct and straighforward how to flash through Cura an hex firmware for a mobo and for the lcd? Here or elsewhere?
    Post edited by Matt on
    @Matt , if you want, I can help you over Zoom to flash your main mobo firmware now -- using Arduino. Then I can guide you through LCD flashing. Let me know if you want me to, and I will private message you a zoom link.
    Cheers, Sam
  • michalko99michalko99 Posts: 153Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟
    the guy is somehow right... My A5 is also with disconnected sensor, as it paused printing randomly and started beeping. I unplugged cable from LCD board and problems are gone. I know how much filament I have, so sensor is not needed...
    edited February 2021
    Hi Sam. Yes, of course it is good, ty friend. Have you seen the three hexes? So far it's a mystery for what they are: it looks like a top secret, perhaps even for them...
    Now I'm "assisted" by yet another guy of their "helpdesk", and he's not better than the former. If I let you read the flow of the mail exchanges between us, I bet that you too you will agree that there would be nothing else to do than pulling hair, granted. Frustrating is not even the word.
    @michalko: he may be right, but I cannot see the utility to mangle the wholesomeness of a product by removing something (that, being in it by default, was conceived in order to work), instead of adjusting the machine restoring it at its stock status. besides, I tried to toggle toe sensor, but it didn't worked: so, the problem of that beep isn't the sensor, but evidently something which went wrong with my flashing attempts (probably when I flashed the lcd without knowing what I was flashing and flashing it wrongly: for example without unplugging the screen cable, as I readed in some generic flashing guidelines found here and there on the net).
    Post edited by Matt on
    disconnecting cable from LCD is somehow secure issue. If you forget, normally nothing should happen, but in some consequences, pressing icons on screen will cause commands to send during flashing, motherboard MCU is in so called bootloader mode, where no other communication methods are accepted..

To filament sensor: mine was behaving normally, but during operation, contacts inside were wobbling, causing sudden pauses to machine. Generally, build of this sensor is crappy and very noisy. Da Hai showed some tweaks how to make it better, but from mechanical point of JGAurora solution, it does not make sense-cheapest in the world
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
    edited February 2021
    Well... The issue allegedly caused by the filament sensor happened only after I tried to flash the new mobo: and due I thought that the flashing went badly, I guess that the beep and the block screen were related to some wrong effect of the bad flashing, either of the screen hex or of the mobo hex. Previously the sensor it worked fine.
    Btw, due the problem persisted even after removing the sensor, evidently it isn't an issue related to the sensor, but probably to something else (or to some instruction related to the filament which went wrong when flashing: though I don't remember that I clicked the lcd when flashing).
    So, removing the sensor isn't the solution: specially if it is the very crafter of the printer the one who suggests to do it (whitout even solving the problem... Probably he just did some gross guesswork, being not an expert, but just a word-passer from the customer frontend to the technical department: whom eventually either knew the less about the real problem, or did received some approximated infos by a non-technician word-bearer).
    Post edited by Matt on
    edited February 2021
    Regarding Filament Run Out Sensor:
    Please remember: there are TWO motherboards, each with their own firmware.
    The filament sensor is connected to the MKS LCD screen module (MKS TFT28). Flashing the main motherboard will not fix the filament sensor, as it has no involvement in filament sensor operations. The MKS LCD screen module is terribly unreliable in many ways, and in my mind is a piece of junk. If you want to keep using it, I recommend to abandon hopes of using the filament sensor. The LCD module firmware is proprietary, so there is nothing we can do to fix it. You can try flashing newer LCD firmware but there is no guarantee this will improve anything.
    In my opinion, the cable for the filament sensor is inserted the wrong way around from JGAurora's factory. This can also cause false signals to be sent to the LCD screen, where the other three pins make contact with the metal on the side of the filament sensor plug.
    Thanked by 1Matt
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    Samuel Pinches is right. The way I get into filament issue was not gained by "guesswork" . I found it on this great forum. Symptoms of my printers were same as yours. No problems with heating, movements, extrusion... When printing was started, in random times, printer paused and started beeping. No info on LCD, so no clue what is wrong. Forum solved issue, as it is common for this printer.
    Thanked by 2Matt Samuel Pinches
    Hi Sam. So, as it may be inferred fom my suspects, the sensor and lcd are related (and I didn't know it). I will scrutiny anyway the contacts after work, before we eventually proceed with the remote flashing as you told me previously. Do you think that something broke in flashing it? And, it is there a better substitute for this lcd?

@michal I don't remember I alleged of "guesswork" referring to you, nor that this isn't a useful forum (also being the only one around specifically about jg products).

@Matt I'm free now if you are to do the motherboard firmware, if you would like?
    edited February 2021
    Hi Sam, yes. I'm free right now. Though I didn't opened yet the printer in roder to ascertain the cables: 'cause if they are not, your action would be vain. So you said that the sensor wire is directly attached to the lcd? Did you went on to understand what are in detail those hex firmwares that they did sent to me?
    Post edited by Matt on
    I've private messaged you a zoom link -- feel free to join that now!
    Let me know -- I'll wait in the zoom room for the next 30 minutes.
    Ok friend. Testing right now.
    edited February 2021
    Ok Sam, you are free. The issue was a piece of glue removed from the attachment when opening the case, and locked inbetween the teeth of the receiving mate. Case closed. "So much rumor for nothing"... Now I'm moving on bed leveling :-(
    Post edited by Matt on
    Glad to hear that it the filament sensor is solved for your printer.
    Thanked by 1Matt
    Ty friend. Though the issue now shifts to shifting... :-(