Home JGMaker Magic

Magic: Main wire harness

PrintBigPrintBig Posts: 46Member
I’m looking for and NEED a new wire harness that goes to my hot end. The harness has green, yellow, red, brown, and black.

Does anyone know where I can find one? I’ve looked all over including the jg maker store. Please if you spot or find one, let me know!

thank you all!

PrintBig

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    @PrintBig I would suggest to contact JGMaker?
  • PrintBigPrintBig Posts: 46Member
    Thank you Pinches. Ive emailed them and I am waiting for their response.

Many thanks again.

Print Big
  • ZelZel Posts: 24Member
    harness... the connectors? they're jst mini connectors i believe. well if that's what harness means.
    The colored wires that go from the control board to the hot end pcb. I just know that somewhere in my journey I’m gonna need a lifeline and I’ve searched all over the internet for the same type of wire but I couldn’t find any(22awg 200C 3000v) do ou have any suggestions?
  • EuzzielEuzziel Posts: 15Member
    Im using 22awg hook up wire from amazon. 
    Is it rated to the stock magic wire? Does it have to be? Idk
  • EuzzielEuzziel Posts: 15Member
    Think of this, your regular house hook up wire thhn is rated 600V @90degC...
    Ah thats a good point.
    im also just wondering if the printer came with silicone coated, 200c, 3000v, 22awg, then there must be a reason engineers/techs decided on those explicit specifications?Coming from an engineer myself.
    I also don’t know what the common house 22awg wire is rated to.
    Main point, if I can find the wires that came with the printer I can circumvent guess work
    Sorry Euzziel I misread your last post... you gave the spec for 22awg house wire. My apologies.

my question still stands... will the common house wire 90C @600V stand against engineered requirements of 200c @3000v?
  • ZelZel Posts: 24Member
    how many amps does the hotend needs? ampacity should be the deciding factor. Silicone insulated wire should hold temp more than the common pvc coated wire. If you find that the current drawn by the heating element is higher than ratings for 22awg, simply up the gauge. I dont think the printer power supply can supply 3kV nor does the outlet power can do that
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches