Home JGAurora A5S, A1 & A3S-V2 Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Having problems compiling a5s color ui firmware on Arduino

I have installed Arduino 1.8.8, selected Mega 2560, and am using the unedited firmware from github, but when i go to verify i get the error -  Arduino: 1.8.8 (Windows 8.1), Board: "Arduino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

In file included from c:\users\laptop~1\appdata\local\temp\arduino_build_455184\sketch\src\inc\MarlinConfigPre.h:52:0,

from c:\users\laptop~1\appdata\local\temp\arduino_build_455184\sketch\src\inc\marlinconfig.h:28,

from sketch\src\HAL\STM32F1\tft\tft_fsmc.cpp:23:

c:\users\laptop~1\appdata\local\temp\arduino_build_455184\sketch\src\hal\avr\inc\conditionals_lcd.h:25:4: error: #error "Sorry! TFT displays are not available for HAL/AVR."

#error "Sorry! TFT displays are not available for HAL/AVR."

^~~~~

In file included from c:\users\laptop~1\appdata\local\temp\arduino_build_455184\sketch\src\pins\pins.h:516:0,

from c:\users\laptop~1\appdata\local\temp\arduino_build_455184\sketch\src\inc\marlinconfig.h:34,

from sketch\src\HAL\STM32F1\tft\tft_fsmc.cpp:23:

c:\users\laptop~1\appdata\local\temp\arduino_build_455184\sketch\src\pins\stm32f1/pins_JGAURORA_A5S_A1.h:32:4: error: #error "Oops! Select an STM32F1 board in 'Tools > Board.'"

#error "Oops! Select an STM32F1 board in 'Tools > Board.'"

^~~~~

In file included from sketch\src\HAL\STM32F1\tft\tft_fsmc.cpp:27:0:

sketch\src\HAL\STM32F1\tft\tft_fsmc.h:31:10: fatal error: libmaple/dma.h: No such file or directory

#include <libmaple/dma.h>

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Mega or Mega 2560.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    edited March 2021
    Hi @BeauArmstrong , do you have an A5S or A5? The A5S uses a 32-bit STM32F1ZET6 ARM processor, not an MEGA2560 like on the A5.

Please see this page for a compilations guide for A5S. Note: You will need to use VSCode, not Arduino IDE.

Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
  • BeauArmstrongBeauArmstrong Posts: 14Member
    Thank you, I do have the A5S. I will give that a try.
    Step 13 is blank.  I'm not sure if that is my problem, but the build and upload buttons from step 14 are missing. 
    @BeauArmstrong - Please send me a private message and I will take a look over team viewer with you.
    Found my problem, i selected a root directory as my workspace instead of the main directory.  Made it through compilation, but now am getting this error. 
     c:/users/laptop 1/.platformio/packages/toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/7.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: .pio/build/jgaurora_a5s_a1/firmware.elf section `.bss' will not fit in region `ram'
    c:/users/laptop 1/.platformio/packages/toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/7.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: region `ram' overflowed by 480 bytes
    I have tried disabling boot screen, arc support, and  M503, and it still shows overflowed by 480 bytes.
    Are you using the firmware from my repo, or the official marlin repo? Which branch?
    edited March 2021
    I did a fresh fetch on branch bugfix-2.0x , I downloaded your a5s color UI, and copied the config_adv, and the config A5s, removing the A5s and using it for the config, and pasted them in the github marlin folder overwriting those files.  In platformio.ini i edited the default_envs = jgaurora_a5s_a1. and fixed whatever the sanity check told me to.

Post edited by BeauArmstrong on
    other then the config A5S and the Config adv the rest of it is the official marlin cloned from https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin.git
    Ahh, well you will also need the pins file for JGAurora from my build as well, as I had updated it to fix this specific issue. 
    Thanked by 1BeauArmstrong
    I got the configuration files out of the bug fix examples and all is working well. Thanks