Home JGMaker Magic

Display in Chinese

jpaltermanjpalterman Posts: 5Member
Help!  Just got my Magic assembled, turned it on and the display is in Chinese.  Found Da Hai Zhu's firmware update and figured that was the way to go.  Regardless of what I do, I cannot get any of my computers to recognize the device on a USB port.  I watched the YouTube video on upgrading the firmware, followed the steps and nothing.  Based on JGAurora's past with USB cables I used one of my own and still got the same error message.  Anybody have any fixes for this?  Do I need to buy a new mom board?  This is my third JGAurora machine and the first one I've had a problem with.  It's very frustrating realizing that the company will send a machine to this country with an interface that's in Chinese.

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    I would say if this is a new printer that you should contact JG and get them to assist you, you will likely need a new motherboard as you suspect
    Thanked by 1jpalterman
  • jpaltermanjpalterman Posts: 5Member
    This is a brand new printer.  I contacted JG, probably won't hear from them until after the weekend.  If I do hear from them I'll update my post.
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches