Home JGAurora A5 & A3S Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Settings with Custom Firmware

Hello,
I installed the firmware from here and it works. Now my question. I use Cura for creating the print file. Which are the correct settings I should use with the new firmware? At the moment I have the set up I got with the printer for the original firmware.
Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    @wolle Welcome! I'm not sure I understand your question. Have you tried a print and are having problems?
  • wollewolle Posts: 16Member
    Thanks samuel.
    yes I tried to print after the update on
    the custom firmware. I have on each model I try to print a shift at near the same high. I have no idea why? I didn’t have the problem before. 
    edited July 2019
    That's disappointing to hear. I thought we had fixed the layer shifting problems. Are you using the latest version of the custom firmware? Can you please send me your gcode for me to test it on my printers too?
    Post edited by Samuel Pinches on
    I will send the Gcode later because I’m on the road. I downloaded the firmware here 1 week ago. Should be actual version. Will also check 
    Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches
    Hi Samuel,

I installed Firmware 1.1.8C. Enclosed you will find the gcode of my print. I tried it with 3 different models (from Thingiverse) all with the same problem.
    Maybe you have an idea ?
    Firmware 1.1.8C is for the A5, not the A5S?
    I have a A5
    I just tried a print of this 😞 it looks really bad 
    Picture
    What are the print settings that you’re using? Try speed of 40 mm/s, and probably increase your retraction length by two or 3 mm as well.

One tip that you can do is to shorten the Bowden tube length. Take the bowden tube off and run it outside of the black corrugated tube. Then you will find that you can cut off a long part of the length.  The shorter the Bowden tube is, the more precise the filament flow rate will be, Which should help reduce oozing and improve detail a little bit.
    FYI I have moved this post to the A5 section, since it was posted in the A5S category initially. Layer shifting on the A5 is not caused by custom firmware at all, it typically can be either bearing problems or stepper driver tuning problems.
    Thanks Samuel for your help. The problem with shifting comes after the installing the new firmware :-( can someone help me on this point?
    edited July 2019
    Ok, well one thing you can try is to turn down the acceleration speeds even lower:

In pronterface:
    If you send M503 will show the current print settings in the pronterface console.
    You can use M201 to set the print max acceleration. Try halve the current values and reprint. Note: this will make the print take longer to complete.
    Then use M500 to save those settings.
    You can also try to reduce the jerk settings too (M205).
    Thanks. But I think I have to fix the problem with the shift first. With this shift I can’t print anything.
    did you try to print my Gcode?
    edited July 2019
    No I haven't tried your gcode file yet sorry. My A5 is packed up at the moment, so I can't promise that I will be able to get around to it unfortunately. I was only asking because I thought you had an A5S. There are only a specific range of possible causes of layer shifts. On the A5S we were seeing a firmware bug that was also causing random layer shifts. We have fixed that bug since.
    On the A5, no such bug exists, so the cause will not be a firmware bug, but could be caused by a range of other factors, including firmware configuration - that's why I was suggesting that you try modifying the configuration settings to see if that helps at all.
    Please have a read here:
    Feel free to reinstall the factory firmware (make sure you unplug the LCD again!) and see if the problem goes away again.

• RobertoRoberto Posts: 2Member
    Give I am trying to connect to the printer with Cura 4.5 and it does not work at all also with the host it does not work with Pronterface also tried a lot of cables changed and nothing works just can't get a connection to the A5S can someone help me?
    Hi Roberto -- if you have teamviewer send me a private message and I can try help. I'll be free for the next 30 minutes or so.
    Thanked by 1Roberto
    Thanked by 1Roberto
  • RobertoRoberto Posts: 2Member
    edited April 2021
    Entschuldigung Samuel, ich bin mit den Hunden spazieren gegangen. Leider spreche ich kein Englisch. Teamviewer Ich dachte, ich hätte gesehen, dass der USB auf dem Motherboard defekt ist. Aber du kannst es mit Teamviewer versuchen. Brauchst du Informationen?
    Post edited by Roberto on