Home JGMaker Magic

JGMaker Magic and BLTouch

edil939edil939 Posts: 3Member
Hello all, 

I just wanted to now if anyone has already added a BLTouch sensor to their printer, and if so what where the results? Any pointers you could give, since I am interested in doing so myself.

Thanks!

Comments

• Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    Welcome @edil939 !
    I'm sorry to disappoint, but the BLTouch requires additional connectors for controlling a servo, and there are no spare connectors on the Magic's motherboard. The only option to make it possible requires replacing the entire motherboard, which is no small undertaking and you would need to configure new firmware as well then.
    best,
    Sam
    Thanked by 1edil939
  • edil939edil939 Posts: 3Member
    Sam,

Thanks for the quick reply! It is no problem, I was just curious too see if it would be possible to add one (easily). I will do some more research into a replacement motherboard. Any thoughts on the SKR Mini boards? I've seen a few things about them and seem pretty interesting.

Once again, thanks!
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator
    I interested in the SKR boards too, but I can't recommend as I have not tried... (I have an SKR board at home, but just no time!!)
    Cheers,
    Sam
  • sergtmsergtm Posts: 4Member

Has anyone tried to modify the board using this manual? https://cnorton-webdev.github.io/

• EuzzielEuzziel Posts: 15Member

I used SKR 1.4 turbo on mine. I started not knowing anything in the code but doing the upgrade makes you more knowledgeable of the things you want to include (ie. PID tune bed/hotend, fan controls, LEDS, centering, blthouch, etc.) and port manipulation if youre using the stock screen.