Homeβ€Ί JGAurora A5 & A3Sβ€Ί Getting Started & Troubleshooting

Filament behavior according to temp and climate

MattMatt Posts: 314🌟 Super Member 🌟

Hi. It could be there any motivations for the same filament (PLA or PLA+ that it is) in this torrid summer needs 230Β° instead of 190-210 to get extruded without making "beads" and "strings"?

Comments

• michalko99michalko99 Posts: 153Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟

At first, which material are you using? If PLA+, it needs higher temperature, as it is tougher and can resist higher temperatures. If PLA without +, you might have moisture problem or hardware related problem-NTC has bad contact with aluminium block and your temperature reading is lower

• MattMatt Posts: 314🌟 Super Member 🌟

Hi Michalko, it is PLA+, but when unpacked it fused also at 210Β°. The temp of these days here in my region of Italy ranged from 36 to 40...

then you might have problem with heatbreak temperature. If fan is unable to cool it down enough, melting point will be
    shifted higher than desired. Top fan takes care of cooling heatbreak. Often gets dusty and dust blocks fins from airflow. There should be no issue with PLA+ if you are not storing it in Venezia water channels :-)

edited June 2021

:-) No Venice, just a shelf. Here's anyway a sample of how it's printing (I'm tuning the range from 220Β° to 240Β°, but doesn't change that much). Curiously, this is the first part of the panel you know already from the previous post. It's at third layer there. Curiously, the second panel comes out better. Perhaps the slicer doesn't like that much this particular shape.

Post edited by Matt on

ok. Did you changed filament diameter after reinstalling? Cura natively set diameter to 2,85mm for their Ultimakers. No matter which printer you select. Check it in tab Printers and machine settings and in Materials. This looks like Emental by underextrusion

I see. Well, I didn't checked: I saw Sam's specs and I've got nothing to suspect. Btw in the nozzle I see compatible diameter at 1,75. Anyway the package of this pla+ said "200 to 230": though I arrived 'til 250, seeing that the problem continued.

edited July 2021

It seems like this particular kind of shape or model isn't that sympathic to the slicer. Even now that's freshly reinstalled the result is not that so differente from before. To say the truth, many other models come out not so good, even with the normal pla. What if the culprit may be the nozzle?

Post edited by Matt on
    edited July 2021

Changed nozzle and heating block: now all works better.
    Update: it reprised again as before...

Post edited by Matt on
    edited July 2021

Now I see a thing: the filament isn't precisely 1,75. I don't know whether this is the real culprit or else. Though, I'll substitute it and I'll see.
    Update: it is neither the filament... The second layer is printing apparently without underextrusion.

Post edited by Matt on