Homeβ€Ί JGAurora A5 & A3Sβ€Ί Modifications & Upgrades

The "quest" is over

MattMatt Posts: 314🌟 Super Member 🌟

Perhaps nobody will read or comment on this: but I'm finally done with the A5 shell, after many trials. Printed with my new Mars pro (I had to print the front in two parts and resinglue them, 'cause of dimensions: but sorry, the filament-made cannot compare...), the only fdm stuff is the cable duct. Now I'm waiting for the on/off microbutton to enable the light for the foot (took from the 12v for the second fan). Clean and somewhat elegant, I guess.

Thanked by 1Samuel Pinches

Comments

• GandyGandy Posts: 89🌟 Super Member 🌟

Cons, this really has a cool look to it. So the Mars Pro is really that good - guess you could achieve a similar surface finish with an FDM machine and lots of sanding, filling, sanding, wet sanding, priming, more wet sanding, spraying, and then some more :D

Just being curious, what kind of direct extruder are you hiding under that hood?

Cheers,
    Andy.

Thanked by 1Matt
  • MattMatt Posts: 314🌟 Super Member 🌟
    edited March 2022

Hello, thanks. Indeed I sanded it but just a little and with fine grit, then I primed and sprayed with some black: and it was printed in a breeze. The prime experiments done with the JGA5 itself was a disaster. Under the shell there is actually the original extruding block, nothing changed. The extruder is also the original one, mounted in direct.

Post edited by Matt on
  • Samuel PinchesSamuel Pinches Posts: 2,997Administrator

Hey -- looks great Matt! How is the printing? Happy with it? :smiley:

Thanked by 1Matt
    edited March 2022

Hello Sam, thanks, yes, it prints normally as always. I'm happy and finally quiet, after 3 years of struggling for this and other issues...

Post edited by Matt on

I'm glad that somebody still answer. I hadn't ever been successful without the help of you and the people of this forum.

printing in the dark

• EyeEye Posts: 115Member, 🌟 Super Member 🌟

dont be gloomy; things GET read here
    it just takes sometimes time